1976 Porsche 911 Manual

33 minutes ago, MikePJ said:

Hi Mike,

I would agree that the price is a reasonable entry point into an early 911 but it's about right. Key factors contributing to the price would be;

- Sportomatic, essentially a clutch-less manual transmission. Not necessarily a bad thing but not as desirable as a conventional manual. 

- Targa, Targa's have grown in popularity (I quite like them!) but again not to everyone's taste

- Its been modded, body, wheels etc. can put a lot of people off. Probably not a bad car if you were happy to live with (or work with) the mods. 

It would then come down to the overall condition, history etc. for you to paint an overall value assessment. From my desktop it seems like it's priced about right if it all checks out. Best of luck! 

4 hours ago, MikePJ said:

Hi all,

Anyone have comments on this car:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-porsche-911-manual/SSE-AD-6334658/

What to look for?

Price seems low?

Can the whale tail be removed?

Cheers in advance.

Not sure you would want to remove a tail on a modified boby thats been made to look like a turbo.

4 hours ago, MikePJ said:

Hi all,

Anyone have comments on this car:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-porsche-911-manual/SSE-AD-6334658/

What to look for?

Price seems low?

Can the whale tail be removed?

Cheers in advance.

Upper part of tail unbolts. You will then have to fill the holes and repaint etc. You will also need a new grille for the opening.