engine mounts

HWY

On 13/12/2019 at 20:46, HWY said:

When do you suggest/ know to change engine mounts?

Not tracking, and not a GT.... but it is manual.

10 years/ 100,000km?

And would you go stiffer than factory mounts?

Thanks

I've got a set of brand new RS 964/993 engine mounts if you're looking.

2 hours ago, HWY said:

Reggiegums,

Thanks for the kind offer, but I think I will keep going on whats in the engine bay a bit longer. If I change I'll probably go something stiffer as JV911 suggests.

@hwy. Seem very  quick to dismiss  964RS mounts that  aren't exactly your standard model production  line based  rubber factory mounts.  I would describe them equally as a semi solid mount  compared to a semi solid wevo mount but come with a  factory part number . Application wise,subject to  correct  ordering and placement  of  washers, they can work across  911models i.e  and function just as well on a watercooled  996 turbo as they do on an aircooled 964rs.  I would also recommend doing tranny mount at the same time.

I have 964 RS engine mounts in my 996 would highly recommend them - they are the same design as WEVO and RSS etc. although these are factory parts. I'd recommend a longer bolt if you're installing them on a 996. I have the details if you need them.