Supercar Drive Day Experience

Yesterday my wife and I went on a supercar drive day which she bought me for my 40th. I think the real reason was that she felt sorry for me for not getting my first Porsche a few weeks ago!

The drive started from Victoria Road in Sydney, down to Wollongong via the National Park, have lunch and then drive back again. I started with an Audi R8, then a Boxster through the National Park and Ferrari F430 F1 from Stanwell Tops to Wollongong. After lunch I had the Aston Martin Roadster then changed to the Lamborghini Gallardo through the National Park (the best bit) and the Maserati Grancabrio back into Sydney.

All of the cars were amazing and special in different ways. I enjoyed all of them from the speed, the noise they made and the look and feel. The two cars which I was most nervous about driving were the Ferrari and Lamborghini but after a few minutes found them very easy to drive which was surprising. I even had the stressful experience of reverse parking a Ferrarri into a tight spot! There was meant to be a 911 which was the reason my wife booked however it was involved in a bingle a few weeks earlier. My favourite? I enjoyed driving all of them but the most memorable was the Lambo. I have never been in a car with such brutal accelleration and the noise..wow!

If anyone gets the opportunity to do this it was amazing and something I will never forget. I am planning (and saving) for the next one. Hopefully there will be a 911 there next time.

bth_SAM_0863.jpg?t=1354312783

bth_SAM_0835.jpg?t=1354306030

bth_SAM_0825.jpg?t=1354294683

bth_SAM_0816.jpg?t=1354287497

bth_SAM_0815.jpg?t=1354287311

Hi Steve,

I did this drive day last week,we headed north rather than south. I have to agree that the Lambo is a brutal beast when driven hard. The Aston Martin was the surprise package, a softer ride than the rest, but what a glorious sounding car, dropping back to second gear was bliss.I recommend this drive day to any car lover, you will not be dissapointed.

Dominic.

Hi Dominic, I would have to agree with you on the Aston. It does have a wonderful exhast note when pushed. I was following it through the National Park on the first run through and it sounded fantastic. We will have to compare notes on the cars on the next Sydney SMT.

Archived