'71 911 T Targa For Sale

Guest remi

Hi All,

Although I've lurked here from time to time, I've mainly been active on the Typ901 and Early S boards- but thought I'd offer this car here and on Typ901 first.

Up for sale is my '71 T black on black Targa. The opportunity to get back into my grail car forces the sale of this one: with two young kids, I can't keep both- but would if I could.

Purchased in 2016 from a dealer in NSW, after an inspection by PR tech in sydney. My key criteria were to buy a car with a good body, and strong motor: and this car fit the bill. Originally a US car, and an older restoration from the mid-late 90's. Type correct but non-matching engine (I know the matching engine number if that sort of thing is important to you, it wasn't to me). Compression test revealed 158-170psi across the 6 cylinders, with leak down results of 5-6% in all cylinders.

More than $20k of receipts over the last 5 years- with many key mechanical systems gone over, so the car can just be hopped into and driven (as I have done). In my 4 years, I have enjoyed almost 10,000km of completely trouble free driving. Servicing done by Toby at Cairns Classic Porsche initially, and then PCM classic subsequently.

Putting it up here first to see whether there is any interest before braving the usual websites. Looking for offers of around $115k. This is a great driver 911 that can just be hopped into and enjoyed, with a few more cosmetic details to sort out of the fancy takes you- the next things I would have done would be to replace the G-series dash trim items, consider door pockets, period radio +/- Fuchs (although I must say- unlike most I don't mind the incorrect cookie cutters: light and strong, they do the job).

I'm located in Brunswick, Melbourne

Work completed over the last 5 years includes:
Mechanical:
- new CV joint boots
- new engine bay insulation mat
- new fuel lines
- new gearbox and engine mounts
- new fan belt
- new throttle pivot bushes
- repair of oil gauge and clock, new oil gauge sender
- new brake bleeder hose
- replaced hand throttle bushes and firewall boots
- upgrade of accelerator trunion
- new fresh air blower fan motor
- new oil temp gauge sender
- major overhaul of steering and suspension by Trutrack in Melbourne: re-built steering rack pinion, front pads and rotors, rebuilt front callipers, new Koni shocks
- dropped engine and resealed crank case to eliminate leaks (March this year)
- new batteries (thanks COVID)

Cosmetic:
- removed rear window and replaced correct chrome trim around rear targa window
- replaced sun visors, door plugs, window winders
- new carpet to front trunk
- new rear seat support straps and luggage straps
- new passenger door check strap
- paint restoration and ceramic protection (redone in March this year)

Thanks

Remi

IMG_7660.thumb.jpg.19ce03a1b4293c798687d62f2e1217f3.jpgIMG_7658.thumb.jpg.736f7de205c546a4cbb4ce69b89dc2f2.jpg

A couple of extra shots- particularly showing the G-series bits on the dash, which would have been my next project for it... I do gave the original steering wheel as well as the Momo prototipo currently fitted.

000008.thumb.jpg.f778cfe331f00cada89a8cfac7e71c98.jpgIMG_5657.thumb.jpg.e623c25ee3a7ff862c48550d04a85cdf.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...