Where are the Windscreen Washer Bottle Wires in a 79sc?

tk111

Hi Folks,

In getting my car ready for it's engineers certificate I have to install a new windscreen washer bottle.

I am going for an aftermarket Repco one, as it is relatively small and therefore I can mount it in the front trunk.

I have the existing jets and tubes in place, the wipers and intermittent switch all work fine also.

What I can't find or trace are the existing wires that went to the original washer bottle under the guard.

Can anybody give me a clue which wires or where I might find them, if they are still there that is.

Otherwise I might need to wire a new line in to that switch under the oil guage that doesn't seem to do anything?

Thanks

Terry

Thanks jnr,

IMG_0889_zpsa6d5d3cf.jpg

I tried these wires, I tested the ground it is definitely good but I don't get 12v on the white/green wire when I pull the stalk.

Do you think these are the correct wires?

Would there be a fuse involved in here?

Doish,

I need an engineers certificate to get registered in the ACT, as the car was originally an import and doesn't have a compliance plate. Part of getting an engineers certificate involves satisfying all of the relevant ADR's which includes things like Lap/Sash Seat belts, Proper Head restraints, Reverse Lights, Demister etc.. It has been registered in the ACT previously but the engineers certificate it had at the time no longer reflects the car as it is now, I tried this path originally and the lads down at the ACT registry couldn't allow it as is. Funnily enough one of the items I am currently awaiting is the Tyre Placard sticker....

IMG_1263.jpg

If you look closely at the condenser you can see that the fan only acts on less than a quarter of the surface-not very effective.

Hi Folks,

In getting my car ready for it's engineers certificate I have to install a new windscreen washer bottle.

I am going for an aftermarket Repco one, as it is relatively small and therefore I can mount it in the front trunk.

I have the existing jets and tubes in place, the wipers and intermittent switch all work fine also.

What I can't find or trace are the existing wires that went to the original washer bottle under the guard.

Can anybody give me a clue which wires or where I might find them, if they are still there that is.

Otherwise I might need to wire a new line in to that switch under the oil guage that doesn't seem to do anything?

Thanks

Terry

Hi Terry,

above is a shot of my '80 SC washer pump. If you look closely you can see the colours of the wires. Hopefully this helps you identify the wiring for yours.

Cheers,

Harv.

I thought so, maybe if I can't trace the original washer bottle wires, I can rewire the wires from the foglight switch to the washer stalk..

I know its not kosher but not much on my car is really ;)

Archived