One For the Car Stereo Guru's

wasserkuhl

greetings.

I have never been much of a car Stereo guy, more mechanical etc...

So, I have a 4 x50W Blaupunkt BT420 in my Carrera 3.0.

It has only two door speakers and they are Blaupunkt 2 way 200W (50WRMS) speakers.

I am looking to run some 3 way Blaupunkt Speakers that are 240W (61WRMS) to get a fuller sound.

The ones I have do pump out the noise, however it is hard to get the low, mid and top balanced without some breakdown.

I have to have loud and proud as my car is , well, loud and proud.

Any suggestions?

Here are the ones I am looking at buying:

http://www.ebay.com....984.m1423.l2649

I was interested in some Infinity speakers, however they seem to have separate little pods as a direct wire to(+/-) the speaker wires to them(not component, but more home audio type) + the recommendation is to have them hooked up to an amp to power them. 2 ohm, 4 ohm its getting beyond me.

Just want thick pure sound without distortion. I know, 2 speakers running off just a head unit in a very loud car , its a challenge! Just need some advice!!

all help, guidance and advice welcome.

I can install, just need to understand how it all works.

i'll be watching this with interest, drive my car yesterday with the 420BT in (which i still owe you for the advice) and thought i should upgrade my speakers (got some JL audio in my other car, and i want it to be on par with that)

This unfortunately is one of those "how long is a piece of string" questions :-)

Your aims -

1. Loudness
2. Distortion free
3. Separation of frequencies

Limitations -

1. Co-axial speakers preferred
2. No amplifier
3. Loud engine

Your aims are probably incompatible with your limitations, and you will have to compromise on what you want, or be willing to change the limitations.

You might message user cyberpunky on these forums -

http://porscheforum.com.au/index.php?/user/341-cyberpunky/

He's actually a God of Aussie home grown car audio, having won the 2007 National Class Car Audio Sound Quality competition. As a 944 aficionado, he probably hasn't seen your post on this air-cooled forum.

Archived