Replace (damage) Hi FI speakers on 911 3.2 89 911

JustinB

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, so if I have posted incorrectly please let me know.

Today I rang Porsche enquiring about a set of NOS rear parcel shelf speakers, unfortunately they no longer stock the speakers (see diagram) and door speakers w/ tweets.

Instead, they could offer me a single oval speaker that fits which is there "new" OEM replacement part, and a "replacement kit," also OEM replacement part for the front. When asking the parts rep details he couldn't give me any further information as he had none on file (brand name, watt's... etc.)

Q: Does anyone have any information or have they purchased a set of either before ?

Prices seemed a little steep coming in at: 

Oval Speaker Set: $445 incl GST,

Front Speakers w/ Tweets kit: $975 incl GST.

Q: My final question is considering I have a 95% original car, should I purchase the "Porsche" speakers or go for after market ones ? (grills will remain standard, so it will appear original)...

Thanks in advance !

image.png

SnipImage (1).JPG

SnipImage.JPG

Hi @ justinB I ran into the same problem with my 964,  Porsche wanted an incredible amount of money for replacement speakers for the doors, (mid range and tweeter) So I looked around an found JBL  made a m/r and tweeter that fitted under the original grill and the new tweets had there own cover that blended in like it was stock, With a great sound, Sorry I can not give more info but the reciepts went with the car.

8 hours ago, tomo said:

Hi @ justinB I ran into the same problem with my 964,  Porsche wanted an incredible amount of money for replacement speakers for the doors, (mid range and tweeter) So I looked around an found JBL  made a m/r and tweeter that fitted under the original grill and the new tweets had there own cover that blended in like it was stock, With a great sound, Sorry I can not give more info but the reciepts went with the car.

Same except used Polk in rear parcel shelf.