type 911.91 engine

Pembo

3 hours ago, 9er said:

I had an Aussie delivered '73 Targa with that set up.

Yes, i have a friend here in Bris that has a 73 MFI but he also said there were some delivered here with CIS. Just not mentioned anywhere on the internet. Only that the USA got them initially.

2 hours ago, MFX said:

That looks like what I pulled off of my 74. I still have it all, but it is obviously not going back on my car.

Did it have the steel intake tubes or alloy with the injectors mounted into the tubes?

2 hours ago, Pembo said:

Did it have the steel intake tubes or alloy with the injectors mounted into the tubes?

Now you have got me thinking and now you mention it they might be alloy. The engine was blown when I got it and the first thing I did was tear off all of the CIS, so I didn't really pay much attention.

54 minutes ago, MFX said:

Now you have got me thinking and now you mention it they might be alloy. The engine was blown when I got it and the first thing I did was tear off all of the CIS, so I didn't really pay much attention.

Yeah i was trolling through you tube and happened to come across your build vids. The answer is there recorded for posterity. Years before i owned it, it was an import with a burnt piston. Info i have is it was rebuilt as a 2.7 from 2.4 and they must have recalibrated the CIS system as it certainly wants to rev and is not short of fuel. I like your vid of Mrs Jeffs first Drive. My wife is still getting her head around it but is happy with me spending some money on it. (for now)