You tube post's

OK you I.T Buffs, why for the last few days when opening posts with You-tube attachments do they not 

appear, just the blank space were they should be?

its not happening on any other site, only PFA

cheers

Steve. 

Can you give me a link to the page you are having a problem with

Not only this page but any post that has YT attachments, I tried  www.gt3resource.com/ and a few other sites and all

worked well on the Tablet "Samsung 2 10.1"

Thanks HAL

Cheers

Cheers Steve for the info... HAL is on the case!

Hopefully resolved ASAP.

Kerry

PS: Why things that ain't broke, all of a sudden, BREAK!? :angry::rolleyes:  As far as I'm aware, it was all working fine yesterday.... but a day, is a day....   <_<

Sorry K,

Men't to say its only on my tablet (Samsung). cleared history etc, restarted signed on/off just not happening.

cheers.

download Firefox and also the flash plugin. Then it will work.

If you then use Firefox fro browsing it will give you the option to activate plugin content.

If you had an ipad you would have to pay lots of cash to be cool.

Samsung and android means freedom.

download Firefox and also the flash plugin. Then it will work.

If you then use Firefox fro browsing it will give you the option to activate plugin content.

If you had an ipad you would have to pay lots of cash to be cool.

Samsung and android means freedom.

So what frickin' changed over night?!?! :angry:

Of course us cool cats who have an iPood/iBad/iPants can't use Firefox! Not allowed!

I've written a ticket to the Powers That Be in the states, but haven't had any response yet... 

Hope your Firefox remedy works for you androids out there, us iPee'er's are going to have to wait a little longer. In the meantime, there are these things called computers that apparently still work! B)

Remember passing notes in class?   :rolleyes::)

Kerry

I've had a response which hasn't helpful at all.

Basically the response was - android and iPad machines can't see most clips on youtube because they are in flash (!). Which is BS because we have been able to see youtube clips on the iPad in the past - haven't we?! I note wasserkuhl's response of updating Firefox and Flash (on an android tablet), and this resolving the problem, can I get some feedback here from anyone who has tried this - success? iPads - anyone else having problems/answers?

HALish

Haven't had any problems until the last few days ( been using this tablet and others for six months)

downloaded Firefox but could not find Firefox flash so hasn't helped yet.

Steve.

You need to go into firefox add-ons and search for flash plugin. You will find it there. Its not in the google play store.

I love my Samsung Tablet. It Rocks.

I've had a response which hasn't helpful at all.

Basically the response was - android and iPad machines can't see most clips on youtube because they are in flash (!). Which is BS because we have been able to see youtube clips on the iPad in the past - haven't we?! I note wasserkuhl's response of updating Firefox and Flash (on an android tablet), and this resolving the problem, can I get some feedback here from anyone who has tried this - success? iPads - anyone else having problems/answers?

HALish

With Firefox, if the flash plug-in add on is installed, you will see a greay area where the flash content is, it has a message to "tap to activate Flash content" Once tapped you can watch in the browser, much the same as you'd watch on a desktop.

I am not sure about Apple or i0s browsers though. I do know that there is a way to use IE or Firefox on i0s, however I think it requires some tinkering to allow it all to work.

Must be frustrating not having flash, Bluetooth, USB etc.......

I have got to the seat of the problem I think, which lies with the recent forum software upgrade, and I am in dialogue with the techs at the other end. Apparently PFA is not alone with this issue and they are working on a fix.

As for apple deficiencies... I'm about to buy a galaxy tablet for my son, interested to compare, assessment to follow...

However, I am interested to know Wasser, you are saying you have NO problem at the moment with your tablet seeing youtube/vimeo clips via the PFA? I'm led to believe this is a universal problem they are having across both platforms...

H

Archived