Cheap Carrera GT track car in Vic

AD911S

Funily enough I saw that ad for the first time over the weekend.

Seems odd that you have to ask for additional photos. Why wouldn't you just post the extra photos on the ad?

"The real deal" according to the ad.

If you end up checking it out Peter I would be interested in your findings.

Doug

My mother once told me, "if it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true!"

Still, I'm waiting for someone to make contact and get the other pics. Wouldn't it be great to have a track Carrera GT at comp' days?! :D

$143,000, sounds like Nigeria to me as well Chris. :rolleyes:

Kerry

Hi Doug thanks for the offer,but after a brief discussion with the wife :angry::angry: I have seen the error of my way :unsure: and yes it does seem a little cheap as they are advertised for around Aus $300,000 - $320,000 in England Regards Peter

Hi Doug thanks for the offer,but after a brief discussion with the wife :angry::angry: I have seen the error of my way :unsure: and yes it does seem a little cheap as they are advertised for around Aus $300,000 - $320,000 in England Regards Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, additions to the garage always require serious negotions with the other half in my household too.

In my household the current negotiation has got to the point of, 1 more P-Car for reduction in wife working week from 4 days to 3 days :huh::rolleyes:

With regard to the ad, I pulled some Carrera GT photos from the web. How do you think they compare to the ad?

Doug

Interesting wheel nut colours in car photo and close up photo of wheel...??? :blink:

Hey Frank,

From a photographic point of view I think you might find that the pic is overexposed, therefore what was more than likely red, has now turned a pretty shade of fushia :rolleyes:;) !

Still, pretty though... :P

Kerry

My mother once told me, "if it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true!"

Curiousity got the better of me...what was the hook.

Well the ad did lack a bit of detail,

- the car is not in Melb, but in Arizona,

- the car is LHD but conversion to RHD is included ($6k off to stay LHD),

- shipping is included.

Mystery solved...

Archived