Mar 19-21, Phillip Island Classic

Hi Doug,

Looks like I am a starter. My dad will also come in his boxter. I have been a few times and usually go left at the gate and park on the fence around MG corner or a bit further down.

Look forward to seeing you in the morning.

Regards,

AndyS

Thanks for organising the day Doug. When I got home I tried to explain to my 5 year old daughter how cool an Alfa T33 is but it seemed to get lost in translation.

Next year I will try to remember to pack the 30+ sunscreen. Roof down drive home fried me.

Thanks again, great day.

Great day at Phillip Island.

Our convoy to the event was a great idea!

I was constantly distracted by whatever caught my eye... Shiny sports cars, race cars, classics, tyre smoke, revving engines, famous racing legends, etc etc.. ah yes, and the smell of combusted Methanol. A great show of Porsche represented in the carpark and the race. What a day! Its definitely in the calendar for next year.

Frank and Agnes

Hi Doug,

Disappointed I wasnt able to make it. Arrived home at 3am Saturday morning and seriously thought about meeting up with you all but just couldnt do it. Sounds like it was a great day. Look forward to next year and will make sure I dont plan a trip at the same time again. ;)

Cheers

Chris

Hey Doug,

Yes, perfect weather, not bad featured marque (Alfa - HA!) and loads of Porsches to steal the limelight and podium placements!

Highlight for me was watching the race which had a Pantera and two 2.7 impact bumpers in 1st, 2nd and 3rd... the Pantera would lose them on the main straight, and then by the time they swung around to Lukey Heights again, the 2.7s were nip, nip, nipping at his heals. Eventually the Pantera blew a cylinder (or something) and nothing was as exciting as seeing the two IBs flank the Pantera at the start of the straight, and finally 6 cylinders was enough to out-gun 7 cylinders! :D

Kerry

Archived