heating ducts for SSI backdate.

Schnell

I have finally taken delivery of my 911 targa, the car has recently had SSIs fitted but the owner did not backdate the heating ducts and so posing a big issue for roadworthy. I am looking at the pieces on pelican parts but I don't particularly want to wait a month for delivery!

930-106-321-01-V2-PH(1).jpg

911-106-322-01-PH.jpg

20170322_2038061490756067.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Schnell said:

I have just added them.

Thanks.

Sorry I was too quick :D

So help me out - you're wanting to source the early caps with ducts so you can reintroduce defrost heat for roadworthy?  I 'may' have some left - but I think I gave them away, I'll have a look over the weekend.  Is the engine tin currently 'blanked'?

6 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Sorry I was too quick :D

So help me out - you're wanting to source the early caps with ducts so you can reintroduce defrost heat for roadworthy?  I 'may' have some left - but I think I gave them away, I'll have a look over the weekend.  Is the engine tin currently 'blanked'?

Absolutely hit the nail on the head. Thanks for that, let me know how you go.

On 29/01/2022 at 07:51, Mike-S said:

Failing that, call Stewart at NineAuto in Highett. When I had him install the SSI’s on my targa he had most of those on the shelf, I just ordered a set from Design 911 and replaced his stock.

Awesome, @Mike D'Silva said his only took a couple of weeks from pelican parts but I was lucky enough to get a reply from a guy living locally to me off of marketplaces. He says he has boxes of tinware that I can go have a look at (probably tomorrow) and go from there. Otherwise, new ones from D911 or pelican parts will do fine. I am itching to get a RWC but patience is a virtue and there is a bit that needs doing.

On 29/01/2022 at 14:06, Fishcop said:

Sorry, no luck - I've given what I had away.

There are alternative ways to provide heat.  And I'd be surprised if the ducting would get picked up in a roadworthy...

Thanks anyway, appreciate the effort.

Things are really strict here so I definitely need to have a window de-mister.