718 4L models stop sale

sleazius

Tried to order a Spyder today to hold me over till the RS Spyder hits (assuming I get one). No dice. No more new orders for 4L models in Australia apparently. So GT4, Spyder, and GTS 4.0

I don't know if this is common knowledge and I missed the memo or what? But there you go.

That is sad new indeed to hear did they give any specific reason for the stop sale ..I am on their mailing list like most on this site and have heard nothing ...???

I did recently read online that all auto manufacturer brands are having huge difficulties world wide getting hold of certain materials used in ECU,s and computer chips causing the world wide delay in getting cars to potential buyers ...

3 hours ago, Raven said:

That is sad new indeed to hear did they give any specific reason for the stop sale ..I am on their mailing list like most on this site and have heard nothing ...???

I did recently read online that all auto manufacturer brands are having huge difficulties world wide getting hold of certain materials used in ECU,s and computer chips causing the world wide delay in getting cars to potential buyers ...

Supposedly Porsche AG is struggling to get components. To the point that they don’t know if they’ll be able to fill the locked orders they have (concerning). I’ve seen nothing about this on rennlist, so it could be Australian market specific. I really don’t know. I’ve asked to be informed if anything changes fwiw.

I assume that car carrier that took a cruise to the bottom of the Atlantic really hasn’t helped matters either.