Apple CarPlay for Cayenne 2014 Platinum Edition with Nav

Hi

Can any of the forum members provide a link to the device to provide Apple CarPlay for Cayenne 2014 Platinum Edition that has Nav installed

Also does anyone know a reliable installer in Sydney to provision the Apple Carplay kit.

Thanks in advance

Apple Car Play.jpg

Porsche Wireless Apple CarPlay Solution – Joyeauto Technology

Installation of this device is not for the feint of heart!

It will require disassembly of the PCM unit and installation of a daughter board and external box.

Porsche - Wireless Apple CarPlay & AndroidAuto Installation Gotchas - WATCH THIS FIRST! - YouTube

11 hours ago, Grimmy said:

It will require disassembly of the PCM unit and installation of a daughter board and external box.

Porsche - Wireless Apple CarPlay & AndroidAuto Installation Gotchas - WATCH THIS FIRST! - YouTube

Thanks, its a good video, think I will pay someone to install

14 hours ago, Grimmy said:

I installed the same system into my Macan (there is a video of it somewhere). Overall it works pretty good. Only issue, which I think is related (not certain) is that I have an issue now with my reverse camera. When I put it in reverse it gives me a blank screen, then when I stick it in neutral or drive the camera turns on and stays on until I am doing more than about 15km/h. I would love to get my reversing camera working again, but I haven't had the time to dig into it. 

On 07/07/2022 at 19:44, Skafhold911 said:

Hi Joe,

Hope all is well.

Can you post pic of unit in your car?

who did it and how much?

All is good, thanks.

ok I bought a Sony ax1000, it’s a run out model. Yes there is a newer model with some more features but this was fine as all I needed was CarPlay and rear camera features.EAC54A8F-AF5D-4739-A0C2-146DBE67CF78.thumb.jpeg.c4ed918346ab1d7a28856ab1bcb3b5ae.jpeg67C345A8-2134-4693-9A14-3A7E0A595044.thumb.jpeg.daa79cd561e032709c3778b48d957566.jpeg

Super Cheap Auto price matched best local price.

I had the install done by PPA Car Audio, they’d done quite a few 911s so the installer knew his way around the cabling for the rear cam. Probably could have got it done cheaper but they came recommended.

I paid $750 just for the install including rear cam, but I already had the mounting frame from the previous head unit.