Amarok Gremlins.

Recently had the joy of my Amarok deciding not to start twice in two weeks. Double tow truck bills. First time I changed the fuel filter, then it ran fine for seven more days then stopped again. Pulled out the fuel tank and pump as the likely culprit. While diagnosing the situation I discovered the internal electrical connector was never clicked home onto its retainer properly. It fell off. The pumps positive spade lug was jammed inside the plug but stuck down the side of its socket.  The assembly line worker never noticed or did notice but wasn't bothered to rectify. The poor connection and high resistance finally cooked the terminal until no more ergs could get through. This took five years and 146K ks to failure. I hope i haven't jinxed anyone else out there with a VW internal fuel tank pump. Sorry. Please refer to Andrei or whatever his/her name may be at VW Romania where the pumps are poorly assembled.  Photo to come.

20220727_130735.jpg

20220727_130751.jpg

Hey mate

We are onto our 3rd ROK now and never had an issue apart from central locking.

My current 580 is amazing, the 8sp box is wicked and still does 10L/100.

Been told many times to not run tank low like many tank set ups the pump is submersible and needs fuel for cooling and if low will fail early but never had a faulty connection but I guess some monday or friday cars or any day for that matter can have faults.

Hope she looks after you from now on.

7 hours ago, Frank said:

Hey mate

We are onto our 3rd ROK now and never had an issue apart from central locking.

My current 580 is amazing, the 8sp box is wicked and still does 10L/100.

Been told many times to not run tank low like many tank set ups the pump is submersible and needs fuel for cooling and if low will fail early but never had a faulty connection but I guess some monday or friday cars or any day for that matter can have faults.

Hope she looks after you from now on.

Yeah mine has also been faultless -- until now. Turned out the poorly assembled plug made the diagnosis quick and easy. No rooting around trying to figure why the bugger wont start, it fell off and literally showed me the answer. I initially thought it would be dirty fuel but the tank was spotless.