Touching up paint - Targa Badge, window rubber insert

Russ

Hi Everyone,

I want to touch up the paint on my Targa badge, and the paint in my window rubber surround and on the top of my windscreen

will any old gloss black touch up paint do, so long as i clean it all up first?

I don't know about badges etc on your car but on mine the badges etc are low sheen. The paint is called GT matt black(as seen on GTHO bonnets and the like) or Cadillac black and some times just low sheen black. I use it on a lot of the furniture I make as it is same finish you would have on ikea book shelfs and other furniture like TV cabinets

The correct colour should be closer to a shade of Satin Black rather than Matt Black, Matt looks dry where Satin has the slightest hint of sheen..... tested and proven on an older car of mine....

The correct colour should be closer to a shade of Satin Black rather than Matt Black, Matt looks dry where Satin has the slightest hint of sheen..... tested and proven on an older car of mine....

The stain/low sheen is known as *GT matt black*. It is not matt black, that is just its name. As stated it also called Cadillac black or low sheen, but I guess I should have added satin black. It has a gloss factor of 17% as opposed to matt black that has 0% gloss

Archived