911 Factory Cassette Radio

Hi all,

My radio has started to play up. Wondering if anyone has the same one they'd be willing to part with? 

Figure it's easier that getting an entire new unit, as I barely use it. 

The top of my radio states the model is a MCC-2358P

Thanks. 

images (5).jpeg

20 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

$800 for a Continental sounds over the top - more like 1/3 - 1/2 of that to buy a unit if you want to install yourself

That price is installed. I was more looking to do a changeover of the factory unit myself.

12 hours ago, 911 said:

That price is installed. I was more looking to do a changeover of the factory unit myself.

Continental is an easy DIY install, but not sure of the plug configuration compared to your existing unit.  On later cars (eg 996) you need to swap the 3 and 7 pins so the ignition sense works correctly

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/02/2023 at 00:20, Diamond911 said:

I had my 2358 refurbished by Vas the Eurovox technician. Can’t recall how much it cost.

he was selling refurbished 2358 units for about $2000 I seem to recall. Not many around though. Refurbishing may be your best bet

Thanks for the reply. I've messsaged him, so will see what he says. 

Do you know if these run an amplifier or just the unit themselves? 

1 hour ago, Diamond911 said:

Mine has the Eurovox amp as well which is located behind the passenger footwell.

Did you need to refurb that aswell, or just the unit? 

Is this the amplifier? Sorry for the bad photo. 

Screenshot_2023-03-13-16-18-04-23_29b563cd0bc4fd07bd0c105b17b28204.jpg

1 hour ago, 911 said:

Did you need to refurb that aswell, or just the unit? 

Is this the amplifier? Sorry for the bad photo. 

Screenshot_2023-03-13-16-18-04-23_29b563cd0bc4fd07bd0c105b17b28204.jpg

No, the amp didn’t require refurb, just the head unit.

I recall the Eurovox amp looked something like that. I probably have the model number at home. Will see if I can dig it up.

16 hours ago, Diamond911 said:

No, the amp didn’t require refurb, just the head unit.

I recall the Eurovox amp looked something like that. I probably have the model number at home. Will see if I can dig it up.

That would be great. Just want to confirm I have everything. I don't believe I have the 7 pin cannon plug though. 

Not all units need the amplifier to run .. 

Have a look at the wires coming out of the back of it ... if it has a plug that houses all of the wiring, then yes, need the amplifier ..If the power, earth, speakers, etc are separate out of the back, then no amplifier needed ..

Cheers ....

3 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Not all units need the amplifier to run .. 

Have a look at the wires coming out of the back of it ... if it has a plug that houses all of the wiring, then yes, need the amplifier ..If the power, earth, speakers, etc are separate out of the back, then no amplifier needed ..

Cheers ....

It has a 7 pin plug, so it would require the amp. 

The photo I've attached earlier was the cruise control module and not the amp. I can't locate the amp unfortunately, unless I'm completely missing it. 

I also noticed this hose that was disconnected under the dash, does anyone know at its for 

Screenshot_2023-03-15-15-50-16-11_29b563cd0bc4fd07bd0c105b17b28204.jpg

On 14/03/2023 at 06:54, 911 said:

That would be great. Just want to confirm I have everything. I don't believe I have the 7 pin cannon plug though. 

My Eurovox amp model is the MO-420, which is a 4x20W amp.  I can't provide a photo sorry as I don't have my 911 at the moment.  There is also a MO-480 but I believe the MO-420 was used more often by the late 80's.

This may well be the same amp but can't be sure:

VK GROUP 3 COMMODORE EUROVOX AMP HDT BROCK | eBay