Easter Bathurst In car video.

This is for mostly road cars that aren't allowed to run under 2:40 around Mt Panorama. For some they have to slow down in parts but for others they can just about go flat out and others can't make that mark. 

I think under those conditions I'd almost rather be in a slower car. 

Tim Bickford / Modified widebody '83 SC

Chris Stannard / Extremely rare 1994 964 RSR (r.h.d. possibly only one in world?)

Mark Bloxham / Modified 2.5L '86 944 turbo (not sure why this isn't embedding?)

So an RSR gearbox uses a different layout to road cars? my reverse is left and up.

I don't know which box is used in an RSR, but a 915 gearbox has reverse lower right. There's a spring loaded gate to prevent shifting between 5th an R. Maybe this RSR had a problem with that.

It's a 1994 car so it would definitely be a G50 of some sorts. If I remember I'll ask him when I see him next. Think he'll be down at Wakefield this weekend with the PCNSW but not in this car. He runs a modified 944 S2 which now has a trick 968 motor installed. Should be quite quick. This car did a 1:43 around Eastern Creek on slicks with the old motor in it so it's no slouch! 

The Gearbox is definitely a G50, the cord is a small washing line to dry your pants out on after you have soiled them on cold rubber(first corner).

Wicked cars. Thanks for the upload!

Ahhh now it makes sense!

I think there is a bit of fishing line that we can't see on the end of that string. It's attached to Chris' wallet so it doesn't get lost under race pace. He's got a lot of nice cars in his collection. 

The other thing that I found noticeable is that due to the 2:40sec cuttoff time for this event the faster cars are having to slow down to make sure they don't go under this curfew. Apparently you get 1 or 2 warnings and then black flagged for the weekend. In the video that I can't seem to embed of Mark Bloxam's laps, he could go quite a few seconds faster but is close to that time. Whereas Tim in his '83 SC is just about flat out and to be honest, it looks more fun. It would be very frustrating to be getting into your groove each lap and having to watch the clock for fear of penalty. Shame they can't lower that time even just 5 or 10 seconds.  

Archived