Headlights that don't light up very much at all

sydr

I've tried halogen globes and have now fitted the latest discharge globes.  I still can't get decent range from my headlights but I do succeed in p1ssing off anyone coming towards me and annoying those that are in front of me by the annoying glare.

The problem is not just in generating a decent amount of light - my latest lights certainly do that - it is in getting a decent, aimed beam and some distance penetration on high beam.

The light is certainly not worthy of the performance level of the car.

I'm interested to learn who has tried different solutions and whether anyone has a good option?

First what i'd do is find and clean the grounds. Clean the ground of the head lamps & battery ground. What we do on the 944's is get an extra ground (8awg) from the engine to the lamp ground point. (obviously you can't do this) Is your battery located in the front? if it is, just run a ground from the negative to the light ground. 

Totally agree with the poor quality lighting relative to the value of the car.

I considered HID kits but wanted an easier and less invasive solution.

Was at Supercheap last week when they had their 20% off sale and picked up a set of "Narva BLUE PLUS 90".

Very, very pleased with the colour, intensity and distance. Originally priced at $70 or so and reduced to $40, because nobody on this side of town wants H1 bulbs, and $32 after the 20%!!!!!!! Not bad at all.

First what i'd do is find and clean the grounds. Clean the ground of the head lamps & battery ground. What we do on the 944's is get an extra ground (8awg) from the engine to the lamp ground point. (obviously you can't do this) Is your battery located in the front? if it is, just run a ground from the negative to the light ground. 

Thanks Paul, that isn't the problem but.

Plenty of light with lots of dazzle, but no beam.  I've HID's fitted, they are very good and really serve to annoy other road users without giving me any benefit.  So it isn't a matter of not enough amps getting thru, it is like it is an unfocussed headlight.

Archived