Rear Reflector for G model 911

35SIXXX

1 hour ago, mrar said:

Here is example of what is out there (us site). Have seen similar condition without mounting hardware/studs with asks of $800-1200 in Oz.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-used-parts-sale-wanted/1107651-1977-rear-reflector.html

Being early you will be looking for SAE A 73 markings on reflector if going down original path.

Thanks Mrar,

my car is far from original, so happy for anything that looks right. 
mate t they available from Porsche for $1500ish?

Anyway, I think I’ll run the old one for now until I find something suitable, as it still looks OK.

Thanks again. 
s

7 hours ago, 35SIXXX said:

Thanks Mrar,

my car is far from original, so happy for anything that looks right. 
mate t they available from Porsche for $1500ish?

Anyway, I think I’ll run the old one for now until I find something suitable, as it still looks OK.

Thanks again. 
s

I've got one. See pictured. It's the last style before they went to 964. It's basically new. Never been fitted, just had it on display. 

20221005_220251.jpg.4bb0e119b847ec771c24

17 hours ago, 911 said:

I've got one. See pictured. It's the last style before they went to 964. It's basically new. Never been fitted, just had it on display. 

20221005_220251.jpg.4bb0e119b847ec771c24

PM Sent. 

G's came with 3 different types of reflectors:

The black lettered ones used up until MY '85.  Sorry I don't have the part number at hand

The first clear lettered version for MY '86. Part No. 911.631.432.01

The clear lettered, double reflector squares at each end and wider flanged top edge with simplified top only fixing method for MY '87, '88 & '89. Part No. 911.633.123.02

image.thumb.jpeg.7396a2f377ec706bc3b9b7cd965b4685.jpeg

The number above is the casting number or Bosch part number not the Porsche  part number.  The second and third are the same casting number and fixing method.

The top one, as PeterM said, has a different fixing method using clips at $7 each.