Owners manual and service books

Hi All, 

Would like to put forward the suggestion of having a section on the PFA site for service books and owners manuals etc.

There are plenty of cars out there without books, so maybe books still exist, it's just a matter to find them and place with the cars.

We have a large base of members and Im sure there is the motivation to assist others if the books pop up somewhere.

Not sure if this has been suggested before but would like to know members' thoughts.

Martin

On 18/10/2019 at 11:08, Peter M said:

Run of out room in your Guarantee and Maintenance booklet to show servicing records?

You're not alone and for me the prospect of paying a $125USD for another booklet wasn't that appealing.

Many places like Autohaus just staple a couple of new pages that they make up themselves into your book so they can continue to record  services but the form they use reminds me of my old primary school reports. 

So with a bit of playing around in Excel,  a sheet of A4 beige coloured paper that after printing can be cut in half to give the right size, gives me another 24 blank spaces. 

So at one service a year (< 10,000km), I'm fixed up to 2043!  

2EmSIvh.jpg

Being Excel allows most people to fiddle with the size and edit to their hearts content if they wish. 

Maintenance Record Porsche.xlsx 15.18 kB · 21 downloads

On 16/07/2023 at 08:31, BRAUN911 said:

Hi All, 

Would like to put forward the suggestion of having a section on the PFA site for service books and owners manuals etc.

There are plenty of cars out there without books, so maybe books still exist, it's just a matter to find them and place with the cars.

We have a large base of members and Im sure there is the motivation to assist others if the books pop up somewhere.

Not sure if this has been suggested before but would like to know members' thoughts.

Martin

Spare Maintenance Record forms would be a good start?