US Satnav in Aussie 987

SteveT

Does anyone know if a US Bose Porsche satnav radio cd player info display unit will fit and work in my 2007 987? I have the standard unit without satnav or bluetooth and I can buy one from the US for about USD1100 plus shipping. To get a non standard (Alpine) unit here is over $2000. I know I will need an Aussie map disc (2007 was DVD and still available?). I would like bluetooth and the satnav to both work for this sort of money.

Hi Steve,

Not sure if that would fit, I was looking to upgrade my current PCM II (with Satnav) as it uses a CD for the mapping & the last update was 2005.

Jon Bergman at Automotive Integration was very helpful with the questions I had, could always send him a email - jon@automotiveintegration.com.au

I found a Kenwood to be the best priced after market unit $1870 with the Porsche facia plate - was also highly recommended by Scott.

http://blog.autohaushamilton.com.au/2011/12/porsche-sat-nav-bluetooth-phone-ipod-mp3-cd-dvd/

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks Nick, I will look into that unit. Did the price include fitting? The CAN bus adaptor can add nearly $200 to the price apparently. And they need to be programmed to do anything, something I know nothing about.

Hi Steve,

Not sure if that would fit, I was looking to upgrade my current PCM II (with Satnav) as it uses a CD for the mapping & the last update was 2005.

Jon Bergman at Automotive Integration was very helpful with the questions I had, could always send him a email - jon@automotiveintegration.com.au

I found a Kenwood to be the best priced after market unit $1870 with the Porsche facia plate - was also highly recommended by Scott.

http://blog.autohaushamilton.com.au/2011/12/porsche-sat-nav-bluetooth-phone-ipod-mp3-cd-dvd/

Cheers,

Nick

+ 1 for Jon Burgman, the bloke is nothing short of awesome... Sorted out my Cayenne for me.. Highly recommended !!!

-1 for Kenwood. Best price sounds about right, as it should probably be half the price of an Alpine IMO. I have an Alpine in my car because I listen to it. If you buy off specs many units will seem good value, but if you are buying it to listen to it, then forget the specs and buy the one your ears will thank you for.

Archived