SWB sheetmetal

JackM

Going to bite the bullet and commit to new floors in my 912 (likely this winter)

Is there a local supplier for sheetmetal and/or advice best place to source - have quoted from heritage and pelican, both of which dont seem unreasonable but shipping is a lot.

alternatively if people have leftover parts locally happy to buy. located geelong vic

Not many people do panels in Australia to my knowledge. It’s more mechanical parts where we have a few reputable and knowledgeable suppliers. There is Bwa (Bob Whyms), Autohaus Hamilton, Performance 9 ( Stan Adler); that spring to mind.

have you checked with Pcm Porsche Classic? 10 years ago I bought new front guards for my 68 Swb, and the quality and price were very good

Locally - I remember that Ron Goldman (Exclusive Bodywerks) in Australia was representing Restoration Designs, a Canadian company who do sheet metal for early 356s 914s 911s 912s.

justin

I bought Dansk floors sourced by James at Autohaus Hamilton. It was a few years ago, yet it was the same price as buying them direct from overseas.

Not sure if they're still supplying floors, yet the mob I bought some other bits from in the US was rennspd.com, and they were cheaper than anyone else.

You can buy front and rear halves, or left and right halves, and my opinion would be to buy left and right going by the bloke that fitted them for me.