New battery recommendations - 996

So my 996 battery seems to have gone flat beyond restoration (battery operated jump starter won’t get it going again). It is about 7 years old so has had a good run. 

Looking to buy a new one this weekend as need to be able to drive it to its annual service on Wednesday. 

Any recommendations on battery brands, and even where to purchase from in Sydney. Appreciate that on a weekend my options may be fairly limited, but I’m not keen on NRMA batteries. 

Car is a 996 C4 2001. 

Thanks in advance

29 minutes ago, JWM said:

I put a Varta in my 996, worked well. Bought from Battery World in Castle Hill, but they have a bunch of locations depending where in Sydney you are. Looks like most are open at least until the afternoon on Sat & Sun:   https://www.batteryworld.com.au/stores

Awesome. Thanks!

So my Current battery is a Fiamm with 85Ah and 760A. 

Batteryworld and Autobarn websites recommend Varta E44 with 77Ah and 780A. 

Will that change in spec be an issue?

3 hours ago, D2000 said:

So my Current battery is a Fiamm with 85Ah and 760A. 

Batteryworld and Autobarn websites recommend Varta E44 with 77Ah and 780A. 

Will that change in spec be an issue?

All sorted with a new Varta 85Ah 800A. Thanks Battery World Chatswood who even delivered and installed for $120

Great news on the battery.  Please make sure that the battery breather vents to atmosphere via a short length of hose.  Usually batteries are supplied without the breather hose.  It's especially important in a 996, without it, the battery vents to the scuttle area, and you do not want corrosion in there, at all.

PET scan below shows the battery, and #3 is the elbow that fits into the side of the battery, then to hose fits to the elbow.  Curiously, it doesn't show the hose though.  Some 7mm clear tubing will work.  Note if your car is a cabriolet, it should have the bigger battery.

porsche_996_battery.jpg

18 hours ago, carl888 said:

Great news on the battery.  Please make sure that the battery breather vents to atmosphere via a short length of hose.  Usually batteries are supplied without the breather hose.  It's especially important in a 996, without it, the battery vents to the scuttle area, and you do not want corrosion in there, at all.

PET scan below shows the battery, and #3 is the elbow that fits into the side of the battery, then to hose fits to the elbow.  Curiously, it doesn't show the hose though.  Some 7mm clear tubing will work.  Note if your car is a cabriolet, it should have the bigger battery.

porsche_996_battery.jpg

I've currently got a Yellow Top Optima in the Cayenne, it's doing great (and also fits in my 928) sufficient power to start both. This is my second battery after the first failed under warranty, i might try a genuine one next time.

that tube is especially important in a Cayenne, as it vents into the cabin (battery under passenger seat) and bad things can happen (outside of corrosion) Florida woman and her daughter who died in Porsche inhaled toxic gas | Daily Mail Online