Fibreglass Doors 911-70's-80's

I have seen a bunch of very expensive fibreglass and carbon fibre doors for different cars. If it is a race car, go hard, but if it is a road car, be aware that the fit can be very difficult to get right. It is better to get the inner and outer skin as separate parts and join them together on the car to ensure perfect alignment and panel gaps. 

2 hours ago, mbj said:

I’d also be interested in a set if they’re being made. I have the details of the guy that Mike tankard sold his moulds to if it comes to that.

I've been in contact with Mike and the guys who purchased his stuff and they didn't get door moulds apparently.

23 minutes ago, MFX said:

I have seen a bunch of very expensive fibreglass and carbon fibre doors for different cars. If it is a race car, go hard, but if it is a road car, be aware that the fit can be very difficult to get right. It is better to get the inner and outer skin as separate parts and join them together on the car to ensure perfect alignment and panel gaps. 

Race car for me so no big issue but always some work to get a good fit with fibreglass as you know. 

Get in touch with me next time you need some wheels for your projects, I keep a lot of wheels in stock here in Melbourne for many makes from Alfa to Volvo!

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/09/2024 at 22:16, Oldskl60 said:

If you can't find any Cam and need to get a set made, a mate and I would also like a set each as well. Might help spread the cost...

If the demand is there for doors then perhaps we should go that route with my mould maker. I'm going to visit him this weekend to see how the ducktail is going. I would need a left and a right hand bare door in good nick to mould from. Four moulds (two inner two outer) will be a significant cost so i'll need some commitments.

10 hours ago, Pembo said:

If the demand is there for doors then perhaps we should go that route with my mould maker. I'm going to visit him this weekend to see how the ducktail is going. I would need a left and a right hand bare door in good nick to mould from. Four moulds (two inner two outer) will be a significant cost so i'll need some commitments.

I have some doors (early and late) that we could use for the moulds.  I'd be happy to commit once we know an approximate cost, will give you a call to discuss.

Cheers Tom