First time owner - 996 spoiler help

MAT911

Hi guys new to the forum, searching for a rear wing for my Porsche and whilst browsing the web I have came across a site selling after market kits ect. Can anyone tell me if they have bought any of these products or if they don't fit or just any advice at all on this topic as I am new and don't want to fall in the trap of buying rubbish..

Thanks guys!

http://www.bodykits.com/Extreme-Dimensions/Spoilers/Porsche-911-Extreme-Dimensions-Duraflex-Fiberglass-GT_3-Wing-_-103751/618933/

this bit of text from the website doesn't fill me with confidence

(Cars depicted are highly modified for show which may include molding or adding to the original piece. Parts such as lights, splitters, canards, paint, and others accessories are not included unless specified in the product description.)

There is a few of these sorts of sites floating around, duraflex is the brand which continues to pop up and is averagely priced between $700 to $900 depending on which site. I'm just not sure what to expect with this product. Obviously it will come in black primer. I'm guessing i would have to convert the fan ect from my old lid to the new wing

Hi MAT911,

You can always check for For Sale section of the various Porsche clubs around Australia.  There is this one (not sure if it is genuine) in Qld for swap or purchase,

http://www.porsche-qld.org.au/PorscheClubs/pc_queensland/pc_main.nsf/web/0D5760C32F921FD5C1257B08003B1D04#pagetop

Is this for form or function?  For function I guess you would need all the rest of the body kit for aerodynamic balance.

Thanks guys t-man I'll check them out, although its the same sort of thing you never know what to expect with fit ment issues and quality. Ive spoken to a few panel beaters and found someone who might be able to help. Until then the search is on.

That's spoiler in Queensland has unfortunetly sold :( and I want one to complete the look as my carrera was bought with a gt3 optioned body kit so i would love to finish her off nicely!

Yeh it's the white one! Just purchased it recently! Would you believe it genuine gt3 stamped rims too! I thought they were mock ups!

I really thought the spoiler might finish it off make it look alot tougher from the rear

I really wouldn't put a wing on it, it looks great the way it is.

I assume the rest of the kit is genuine? for the way it fits and everything it's probably worth spending the extra to genuine wing

Well yeh your right, if I could find a genuine second hand one I would be extremely happy! Althouch I think they are ridiculously over priced for a new spoiler!

Mat911

I've got a genuine 996 GT3 carbon fibre rear spoiler sitting in the shed. 

It might work if you have got a GT3 body kit.

Feel free to PM me if you're wanting to know more.

Simonoz

Archived