Porsche Baby seat/ Infant Capsule

Hey all,

Ive found out this week that my wife and I will be expecting our first child in November. Like a bolt out of the blue....but very happy.

So....clearly I'll need to get a practical family truck at some point.

However, I'm keeping the Targa and need some advice from other Porsche dads about the infant/child seat options for a 997.

I have already researched the genuine Porsche seat but that's not gonna work with a 0-1 year old.

Any suggestions?

Hi Mate,

There are a few of us on here that have little ones squeezed into 911's, all from memory have been set up forward facing. For a newborn, rear facing is generally the recommended setup and if using a capsule type seat you may find it hard to get fitted properly. Once the child gets older and into a forward facing seat then it is much easier to fit and get them in and out.

Maybe worth dropping Byron Bay Chris a PM and ask how he has his daughter set up, from memory she is only a matter of months old and seemed to be pretty well setup in the back of his 993.

Finally, congratulations!

Cheers,

Mate baby seat in my seat SC is a breeze and a SC is far smaller, however, never seen anyone have it set up as a bassinet for new borns. I would wait a few months until they can ride in a sitting mode.

Congratulations. Glad to see another man joining the sleepless night group (maybe an offshoot to pfa ?)

I have a forward facing mothers choice emporer carseat. Only for babies above 6months and or 9 kg. My youngest reached 9 kg around 4.5 months and was ok at sitting up.

As for rear facing, even though I have not checked out the 997, I would say 100 percent NO.

Even if you could fit the carseat rear facing, and even if you could put the front passenger seat back upright, I think you would probably injure yourself and the baby trying to get it in.

So, buy a wagon for the first 6 months, then put baby in porsche.

Chris

Thanks guys. Good advice and I think as much as I'd like to put the new born in the 997 it's a little wishful thinking.

I went out on the weekend to look at SUVs and think I'll get a Lexus RX for a while (before you ask...I did look at Cayennes but I just cant get excited by the 6cyl and the S/GTS models here are ridiculous money)

Archived