WTB: 8x16 Fuchs for an '87 Carrera 3.2

Norm

Hi, I have an '87 Carrera 3.2 which currently is fitted with the standard 7x16 on the rear and 6x16 on the front.

I want to fit 8x16 on the rear because I feel they fill the guards a lot nicer.

With or without tyres is fine and I'm in Perth.

Also, if someone on here knows where I can source a pair from would be greatly appreciated.

pretty hard to come by, i picked up a spare set of wheels the other weekend and the bloke had a set of 7's & 8's but he told me they were sold (2k) I'm catching up with him this weekend I can ask for you if he has another set....

pretty hard to come by, i picked up a spare set of wheels the other weekend and the bloke had a set of 7's & 8's but he told me they were sold (2k) I'm catching up with him this weekend I can ask for you if he has another set....

Yes, if you could ask that would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps I should have thought about this first, but would the tyres rub on the guards? (standard body Carrera, not the turbo wide body which would come with the wider wheels anyway).

Yes, if you could ask that would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps I should have thought about this first, but would the tyres rub on the guards? (standard body Carrera, not the turbo wide body which would come with the wider wheels anyway).

Porsche wheels are advertised on ebay all the time; - you have to watch out for the off set (often designated by the letters ET which is the same thing but stands for the German words and quoted in MM) and you may/may not need spacers.  The off set or ET value is almost always stamped inside of the wheels.  You should check yours and look for a set with similar values.  Note that front and back are often different.

With that in mind you will probably be OK as many of us have fitted early turbo wheels to our narrow bodied cars without problem

I've also contacted the guy selling the 9x16 and 8x16 on Gumtree, asking if he will sell just the pair of 8's... I wouldn't think he would have trouble selling the pair of 9's..? Then I have to see if he will ship them to Perth!

Thanks for the tip!! I'll keep an eye on them..

You are talking plural, but the seller is talking singular, ie one wheel.  So I'd check out if it is one wheel, or a set.  And I'd be troubled by the lack of a photograph.

The seller got back to me and said he would be putting pictures and specs up. I haven't checked as yet.. He did say they (it) were from a 944 and i just assumed the sale was for a pair.. 

You know what happens when you assume... 

I contacted the guy with the 8x16 and 9x16's on Gumtree and he is willing to split them, but only if the price is right.. My first offer was $1000 for the pair of 8's with tyres (tyre condition unknown). I haven't heard back from him... 

Archived