Refinish options for centre console

Hounddub

As we all know the matt black painted finish on the standard console is very prone to wear and tear so I'm looking for options to clean it up.

Ive already got a quote to spray it up here but wi my car coming to Sydney in 6 months I was hoping there was a recommendation for getting it leather trimmed like the factory premium version.

Anyone have experience or a recommendation?

my console in the Cayman is looking pretty tatty too... i found a second hand one from an American car (it has the passenger airbag warning light).

My plan was to have a go at stripping it, then getting it covered in Alcantara...

what do you think?

I asked m detailer about repairing or repainting mine last week. He said to talk to the guys that look after interior leather on cars as they do this type of work apparently but I haven't done anything about it yet to verify.

Mine is painted Terracotta color and is a bit rough in a few spots. Some of the parts I can replace with new Porsche pieces but other trim bits will need painting. Given the color, I wonder how accurate it can be replicated.

You can just see the discolouration on the steering wheel here, I'll start by getting this painted and will see how it turns out.

9057599184_0849a3f0c4_c.jpg

IMG_0887 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

Archived