Boxster wind blocker rattles and clips

withers

just bung a strip of closed cell foam under the centre of the deflector and that'll tighten it up in the clips.  Unless it's a different design to the 986.

Sorry A been a bit slack getting on forum lately. Cavers idea works, it pushes the deflector up a tad to put pressure on the pesky little clips. I also put a small bit of black tape on the inside of the clips, so as to push into the Perspex a bit harder. All done in black and trimmed up with scalpel.

Replacement clips are the go however, and I have a site somewhere in my directory that sells them.

I will endevour to find t. NIX if you are reading this thread it is the same site you sent me re the switch you were going to have fitted by Adrian.

If the clips are the same for the 987 maybe we will order a couple of sets in. Can't remember the price but wasn't,t too much.

Good stuff Caver, I have been looking for the link to pass onto A, but having no success.   Yours is a different one to the one I had but looks good and will do the job for A.

I might order a pair from the 986 site.   

Cheers mate.

You can get the 986 clips individually, but not the 987, where you have to buy the entire kit.  I've already sent the link to Amanda.

The cars differ because on the 986, the clips are on the window itself, whereas the 987, they're located on the roll bar.  Porscha Part in the UK have heaps of these fiddly bits and clips.  Find them on Ebay.

I also found some cheap 986 S windblocker inserts for behind the head restraints!  Too late?   ^_^

Buy the entire kit!  Pfft.. I'm gonna 'amanda up' and remove the whole bloody thing!

Ok maybe not... 

Ha, after last weekend's run thru the hills i did notice a complete lack of feeling on the back of my neck  <_<

it was 5 degrees outside and while the rest of me was warm (seat warmers german heater) my neck was cold.

You can Amanda up, i'm gonno go a little biggles with the scarf concept i reckon...

"Chocks away Gerry:D

Thanks Caver, I actually lost one of those a couple of years ago, no idea how, obviously just blew out somewhere along the line. 

I purchased a replacement one from P Vic and from memory it was $200 and something bucks.   Yowch...

I now have a little strand of fishing line around the base of each of them now.  So if either of them blow out again it won't be going far.

Those ones on EBAY are great value and the cars without them just don't look right.    

Cheers mate,

Ha, after last weekend's run thru the hills i did notice a complete lack of feeling on the back of my neck  <_<

it was 5 degrees outside and while the rest of me was warm (seat warmers german heater) my neck was cold.

You can Amanda up, i'm gonno go a little biggles with the scarf concept i reckon...

Too right Bafe....I get just a bit of breeze around the neck which gets a bit too cool when the outside temperature is below, say, 12 degrees.  I've found that if I just pull up the collar on my polatec, it's fine.  With a bit of fiddling, I can direct the dashboard air vents towards my hands on the wheel...so nice and warm fingers.  I know that Amanda is seeking some chic driving gloves!

Then you can concentrate on the task in hand....hunting down the enemy!!!

My SLK had the air scarf option. LOVELY - nice warm air blowing on the back of the neck. Only thing I miss on the car.

I'd love to install heated seats too but don't like the idea of altering my cars originality or having that terracotta leather messed with!

• 7 months later...

Yesterday I installed a couple of small pieces of double sided spongy 3M tape into the gaps of the clips and around the base of the deflector where it connects to the mount. Used a small blunt blade to push the tape all the way into the gap. The tape is spongy enough that you can still operate the clips to remove the deflector if needed but the fit was tight enough to stop the rattle.

Cost me $2 a roll of the tape and five minutes. Tested it this morning and no more rattles. Problem solved.

Archived