Long Weekend in Nth Vic

Anybody coming to Winton and Shepp (Deca) this weekend for PCV events?

I'm a Shepp boy (old boy probably), it'd be good to meet and greet, in between laps at DECA.

Anyone know if a concourse event like the Qld event posted in this forum is planned for sunny Victoria?

Cheers...

Russ

Hi Russ,

I am going to Winton on Sunday to marshal. Doug is competing and Niko will be there taking photos, so if you were to get to Winton we will be there somewhere. I will not be at Deca though. Not sure about any others.

PCV has planned a car display at Fed Square in Oct. Its been held the last couple of years and been well attended. I would love for them to do something like the QLD event though with a bit more of a picnic atmosphere.Have to see who we can influence....

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

There is a Classic Car Display & Spring Picnic to be held I think in October at Dame Elisabeth Murdoch's "Cruden Farm" in Langwarrin, this is a charity event with space for 200 cars, you can bring your own picnic or they have stalls to purchase eat's, there is also other entertainment ect; the fee per car last year was $15 which included entry for 2 people.

I am in the process of looking into this and have emailed the organizers for details and an invertation.

Regards, Peter.

Hi Peter,

Nice to hear from you, hope you and Clare are both well!

Sounds great, thats a terrifc venue for a car display. Will definitely aim for that one. Can you please keep us informed about the details once you know more.

There you go Russ, If you have never been to Cruden Farm its worth it just for the visit let alone the car display. A great place owned by such a treasure to humanity!

Cheers

Chris

Hi Russ and Peter, maybe we could form "the country porsche owners triumvirate" although I guess Cranbourne is almost part of Melbourne these days. Are there any others out there? We'd be up for this proposal, a picnic would be good. Peter, if you don't want to take your cars to Melb for servicing Mike Jacobsen is at Spyder Automobiled at Warragul. Can recommend him, as he has looked after my 911 for several years.

Paul Miniken

Lakes Entrance

• 2 weeks later...

The SC go's to George Cairns he picks up & delivers...

Damn! :o I've gotta have a chat to George about that... he doesn't pick-up and drop off to St Kilda, and that IS part of Melbourne! :P:D

Kerry

Kerry,

Have you ever asked? He picked up Junior yesterday, I have a black 1988 3.2 cab/wide body in the boy's bedroom at the moment looks good got about 85k on the clock I think George wants $60k anyone interested?

See you Sunday.

Cheers, Pete.

Hi Peter, a pick up service is also offered by Mike and Lisa Jacobsen(Gregory). Have also heard of George's excellent reputation.Any more details available on the October weekend event ? My wife is keen to see Dame Elisabeth's property.

Paul

Hi Peter, a pick up service is also offered by Mike and Lisa Jacobsen(Gregory). Have also heard of George's excellent reputation.Any more details available on the October weekend event ? My wife is keen to see Dame Elisabeth's property.

Paul

Paul,

I have spoken to the organizer and am waiting for more details next week, the date will be 21st of November later than last year so the weather should be good (I hope) I have listed the event on the club (PCV) web site as an event to be confirmed (does not matter if you are not a club member)

As soon as I get details I will let you know.

Rges,Peter.

• 1 month later...

Hi Peter,

Nice to hear from you, hope you and Clare are both well!

Sounds great, thats a terrifc venue for a car display. Will definitely aim for that one. Can you please keep us informed about the details once you know more.

There you go Russ, If you have never been to Cruden Farm its worth it just for the visit let alone the car display. A great place owned by such a treasure to humanity!

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

At the club meeting last night Kerry would have spoken about the up coming event at "CRUDEN FARM" to be held on the 21st of November 2010 I have now listed an expression of interest on the PCV club web site (under Mid-911 Picinic and Car display) all "P" Cars are welcome to attend but we have a limit of 30 Cars, so for information please go to the culb site and fill in the form.(first in best dressed)

Cheers, Peter.

Archived