Expressions of Interest: Stud Pattern Change Hubs

Hi all,

I'm considering getting 911SC front hubs and rear drive flanges drawn up by a design draftsman mate of mine, and then have the designs sent out for CNC manufacture.  They will be FEA'd and certified by a CPEng for road and race use.

Why?

So we can have a choice of wheels other than the Porsche 5x130 limitations. The stock pattern limits wheel choice, a LOT. Changing to 5x120 (Commodore/BMW/Merc) or 5x114.3 (Ford, Jap) opens up pretty much every wheel maker on earth to us. 

Adaptor hubs are illegal for road and race use in Australia.

No firm idea on costs but the more sold the cheaper they become.

So, is this something worth pursuing? Would anyone else be interested in this?

It's an interesting idea Jim. 5x114.3 is going to give you a lot of wheel options but how would you go with offsets? I have to be honest and say I don't know the normal front and rear offset of a G series car but I am thinking they are going to be fairly Porsche specific?

Still it makes the options in 3 piece wheels very good.

Another thing I would do is drill the stud holes to suite a generic wheel stud. The price of Porsche wheel studs is stupid for no other reason than because Porsche has a Porsche only size. 

i have to wonder about price- work meisters will do them in our offset and PCD's for a couple of grand so you'd want to be in for buying a lot of wheels to make it worthwhile?

CCW and fikse both run around $2500

nothing cheap but this mod would have to be pretty cheap to make it a sensible (lol okay we're still talking 911's here) option over some custom wheels.

Will definitely keep an eye on this. 

I've actually been looking at the brands Sam mentioned but resale value and size are to specific for Porsche. I'm a bit of a wheel whore, so I don't like to hold onto the same wheels forever. 

I kinda like the fact that if I bust a couple of Penny's on some phat rimz, I'd be safe to know when I rock up to center link on payday the lads with there fully sick VABK comiford won't have the same shoes as me.

MHO....... but usually no one cares what I think.... hahaha ( goes and sits back in the corner)

Archived