Spark Plugs for 911/83 engine (2.7l MFI)

SM911

I plan on getting a few minor servicing jobs done next week, and just realised I haven't got any new spark plugs...

Can anyone recommend spark plugs for a 2.7 MFI engine, and where to get them in aus? I dont want to do another US order for a while if I can help it.

Scotty

If you can wait until I get home I'll see what plugs were on my last receipt

I assume TD Automotive would sell you the plugs (or you could get the plugs done there *cough*)

If you can wait until I get home I'll see what plugs were on my last receipt

I assume TD Automotive would sell you the plugs (or you could get the plugs done there *cough*)

Thanks Russ, but I'm thinking that CIS engines might like different plugs to an MFI... I'm sure they'd work, but it's more a case of which ones suit best.

Happy for feedback though (if you think I'm talking $hite!) ;)

Spoke to JustJames, who was very helpful as always! He's recommended W3DPO+.

Interestingly they're not listed by Bosch, who recommend a WR3CP plug. It would appear that the W3DPO is an old plug perhaps?

Has anyone used the WR3CP?

I plan on getting a few minor servicing jobs done next week, and just realised I haven't got any new spark plugs...

Can anyone recommend spark plugs for a 2.7 MFI engine, and where to get them in aus? I dont want to do another US order for a while if I can help it.

Scotty

Hi Scotty

Agree with Uncle on NGKs!!!

I pulled a set of low K Beru Ultra X 4 prong copper plugs out of my car. (78 3.0L SC) 

I was trouble-shooting because of misfiring etc. 

On a whim, I bought a set of ordinary NGKs from SuperCheap that were on special & nearly didnt believe it when the NGKs solved the problem. And this fix has lasted.

These days you just dont know where & how things are made, for example I used to use Bosch (german) plugs in my V8 Mercedes until they started to make them in Brazil and the quality plummeted.

As far as I know NGKs are still made in Japan and the quality is still consistently excellent

Archived