Found this? Thoughts and opinions? (996)

http://m.gumtree.com.au/v?adId=1028461651

Been looking for a spoiler online for a while now, can't seem to find any luck... until tonight.. I came across this. It is an aftermarket 997 spoiler that was apparently purschased to fit his 997 but was actually made to fit a 996 - it was shipped over from America and was said to be $1600.

Has anyone had any dealing with these aftermarket spoilers? Opinions and advice?

What would a factory oem 996 mk1 gt3 spoiler be worth? (roughly)

Thanks

Not sure whether it matters in terms of fit, but the pictures are of a 997 GT3 spoiler rather than a 996 spoiler.  Personally I think the 997 spoiler looks better, but that is of course your call.

I strongly advise that, if you can you, find out what material it's made out of and talk to a good panel beater about the difficulties of getting it to fit.  

I spoke to my panel beater at length before fitting aero parts and he seemed to think that the fit for after market spoilers etc can be variable.  It could be a touch easier for a rear spoiler though as there may be capacity to adjust height etc on one leading edge versus the other by adjusting the hinges.  However I would not risk it until I had advice from my preferred panel beater.

I imported one from the states about 18 months ago for my 993, it was made of primed fibreglass

And my panel beater said hell price it when he sees it but it was really good , and hardly needed any

Prep work and sprayed up grouse.

Archived