My Car Story

Guest Harold

My story is sort of boring, I was getting annoyed with the lack of traction in my 15 months old C63 and every day I go past SVM at Willoughby on the way to work in north Sydney. One day they had all the cars on display lined up in the same colour and it was eye catching. The traffic was chockablock so I thought, "let's have a look". Next thing I know I am driving it down McCarrs Creek road testing it out. I took it back then took the AMG down the same road, came back asked for a trade in price, they offered me a deal, I made a counter offer, they said yes and I wrote out a cheque for the deposit and got to work 3 hours late.

As I read that I conclude I must by very fickle.

My story is sort of boring, I was getting annoyed with the lack of traction in my 15 months old C63 and every day I go past SVM at Willoughby on the way to work in north Sydney. One day they had all the cars on display lined up in the same colour and it was eye catching. The traffic was chockablock so I thought, "let's have a look". Next thing I know I am driving it down McCarrs Creek road testing it out. I took it back then took the AMG down the same road, came back asked for a trade in price, they offered me a deal, I made a counter offer, they said yes and I wrote out a cheque for the deposit and got to work 3 hours late.

Harold I must scold you - that is not a boring story. That is COOL :)    Now where's the pics?

Amanda, as soon as I work out how to post I will do so.

Do you have a Flickr or Photobucket account?  If you have taken the pics with your phone, the easiest thing to do is download the Photobucket app and upload the pic, then copy the link in PhotoBucket  and paste into a new thread.

If this makes no sense at all - let me know and I'll do a few screen shots for you :D

a C63 doesn't need traction control! :P

Nice reason to go into work late ;)

Guest Harold

Do you have a Flickr or Photobucket account? If you have taken the pics with your phone, the easiest thing to do is download the Photobucket app and upload the pic, then copy the link in PhotoBucket and paste into a new thread.

If this makes no sense at all - let me know and I'll do a few screen shots for you :D

Amanda, thank you for the offer. I do not have such an account and truth be told, I have only ever taken one pic of it, and that was of it sitting in the garage. I will ask one of the more IT literate people at work to help me and I will take some pics of it this weekend if it is not raining.

Thanks Peter, not really an impressive story. I must say I have always looked at Porsche and thought "one day I will have a look" and when they released the 991 (and please I do not mean to offend anyone with a different model P car) I thought "I really like that new model". It was probably just a matter of time before the devil grabbed me and dragged me into a dealership. Unfortunately I carry my cheque book in my brief case. I actually thought I would stick with the C63 for a few years because I waited until the new gearbox was released in 2012 and really loved the sound of it.

Pauly, oh man, does it need traction control! It needs at least 295 tyres as 255 just doesn't do the job. On the C63 forum, many of the guys get the guards rolled and that allows them to "squeeze" 275's in there. Apparently they still rub going round corners if it is bumpy. If you add a eurotune tune you get like 510HP.

Stay safe

Archived