996 clear tail lights?

Ten Degrees

Hi,

this 996 recently sold in WA.  I kept the picture of the rear at the time just because I thought it looked good, then later realising it was the tail lights that made it look better.

Anyone know much about them?  Was this an option, or after market item?

Thanks

Tim

post-395-0-89221600-1382664307_thumb.jpg

The ones in that picture look like after market lights.

As far as I know the full clear lights like that were never a factory option for the 996.

On American sites the concensus seems to be to avoid the after market lights from Taiwain etc and pay a bit extra for those from Europe. If you buy correctly it should be a simple enough 'plug and play option'.

On a similar note, does anyone know if it is a simple swap over to put later 996 headlights into early 996's (getting rid of the fried eggs)???

I have put clear font lights onto my car and it is a simple swap.  The clear lights off a Boxster or a 996 will fit.  The trick is though you need to make sure sure that you get headlights are from a right hand drive car, not a left hand drive car.  There is a switch on them I believe to switch the lights but it is only a temporary measure ie if you were on holiday in another country.

There is a pair of clear headlights on sale on EBay from a wrecker in Australia, but they are from a left hand drive car and I personally would avoid them.

Archived