WINDOW TINTING

Niko

Just wondering if anyone has any clues or recommendations for local (Melb) car window tinters.

I have decided to get the CX7 done before we do some serious trips in the very near future, so put it out there for anyone who has had any good window tint experience and reasonable price.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, for that, I have spoken with The Tint Doctor only so far, but on the negative side Mrs Niko now can't see the sense in getting it done,

So have to win her over first. Tint Doctor $350.00 cash only for darkest legal tint.

The sense is that it keeps your interior from breaking down due to UV. Keeps the car cooler when parked. Keeps you from getting sunburnt on long drives. Plus privacy and holds the window together if smashed (I guess that's only bad if you drive into a lake :P)...

Solar tint has lifetime warranty and none of that dodgy cash stuff if its legal tint.

BTW, you can get clear Anti UV tint if you don't want to look gangsta.

Yep, gangster look sounds right up my alley.

We are out in the car doing a little grey nomad trip right now, and 37' in the shade today, so I can reinforce my argument for the tinting convincingly. I will definitely contact solar tint once I have convinced Mrs Niko.

Do you think solar tint will do a good job on my 997? The kids are complaining that their heads get too hot in the sun.

The roof line of the 997 is such that the rear seats are actually out in the sun, so poor kids are getting too much sun.

I want to do the side windows and the rear.

I've had a good experience with them in phillip (ACT) and Adelaide. But as they are franchises your results may vary.

They replaced (free) a slightly defective side window tint without hassle on one of my previous cars.

They aren't the only tint company in Australia, but they haven't given me a reason to go elsewhere.

Just wondering if anyone has any clues or recommendations for local (Melb) car window tinters.

I have decided to get the CX7 done before we do some serious trips in the very near future, so put it out there for anyone who has had any good window tint experience and reasonable price.

Thanks 

Have used Phillip Dodds @ Ultra Shade (Black Rock) on my wife's Q5. Very good workmanship.....will use Phillip on my RSQ3 when it arrives. Phil's details are 0418 33 58 58

Excellent, after our little grey nomad trip into the NSW outback last week, Mrs Niko is a bit more in favour of the tinting now.

I will have a chat to Phillip. Thanks for the lead.

Archived