Rear seat latch brackets - 82 911SC

Stew F

Hi all.  Happy new year.  We've recently bought an 82 SC sunroof coupe.  Was a present for my wife. 

Anyhow, the brackets that latch the rear seat backs are missing.  They don't seem to show up in any of the parts lists I have.  Does anyone have a sketch, drawing, picture, or a or spare that they can measure for me?  If I can find out what they are I can make them.  Even one in Adelaide that I can borrow and measure.  The screws are there - just the brackets missing.

Another thing.  On my Fuchs' here are 2 small holes in each of the Porsche logo'd centre caps.  What are these holes for? 

Here's a pic of the car.

Thanks

Stewart

post-1655-0-08858900-1388539592_thumb.jp

Hi Stewart,

Congratulations on the new purchase!

In relation to the bracket, are you referring to the one mounted in the center, on the tunnel that the locking pins fit into? I hope that description makes sense..................

Hugh, it's actually the ones that latch the seats in the up position. They are on the firewall behind the seat backs. Held on by 2 screws. The seat lock pin must lock in to them. Thanks.

A block shaped thing that is fixed to the firewall with two screws down near the hinge itself?

It might be worthwhile downloading the parts catalogue from the Porsche website to confirm and give you an idea of what it looks like.

Or have a look on Pelican: http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/PEL_Search.cgi?SUPERCAT_FLAG=&make=&please_wait=N&forumid=&threadid=&command=DWsearch&command=DWsearch&REFINE=Y&FORUM_REFER=&SUPERCAT_FLAG=&make=&description=+911+522+228&x=10&y=5&FILTER_911M=ON&FILTER_TECH=ON&FILTER_SUPP=ON&FILTER_ACCE=ON&FILTER_CARE=ON&FILTER_STUF=ON&FILTER_PERF=ON&FILTER_MISC=ON&FILTER_GADG=ON&FILTER_TOOL=ON and click on "More Info"

Or even better call James on Monday at Autohaus!

A block shaped thing that is fixed to the firewall with two screws down near the hinge itself?

No, it looks like it goes up the top.  At the top of the seat backs, at the outer side, there is a red knob with a pin.  Does this pin lock into a bracket? 

I have the 78-83 parts catalog but I didn't see the part in there either. 

post-1655-0-66684800-1389078292_thumb.jp

post-1655-0-00110600-1389078340_thumb.jp

Peter, I was starting to think the same.  I looked through the 911 catalogues from 73 to 89 and none show anything. Tho if the seat only latches at the bottom near the pivot that doesn't have any strength if someone pulls the seat forward (the force on the pin etc. is huge if the seat is pulled from the top).  The latch and/or seat would get damaged quite easy.  What's on my seats certainly looks like it's from the factory.   I'll have a closer look.  I might just have to knock up some brackets and be done with it.

Archived