Damn the 944......!

Well,

Despite all good intention to buy a 944t, and my wifes declaration a couple of months ago to "just buy a real Porsche", I have kept the faith and looked at a couple of 944's.

Some amongst us will understand that when the good women suddenly offers something more that the strategic target, one must proceed with caution!!. However, she has made the mistake of mentioning this twice.....therefore it must be law.

Consequently, bugger the 944; 911 here we come.

So am thinking 911SC, or mid 80s carrera.....dependant on price etc etc.

Now truly excited..........will update accordingly.

Peter :D:D

Ah yes, trying to read those curious and ambiguous signposts from our dearest and beloved! :rolleyes:<_<:D

Needless to say, if you THINK you have the right of way, surely you DO have right of way, and seize the day, because next week is a DIFFERENT week, and the rules just might not apply ANYMORE! :P:lol:

Good stuff Peter - LEAP at the opportunity!

Kerry

I must defend the water cooled wonders.

The later 944s - 944 Turbo, S2s & 968s are just sublime drives. Poised, balanced and great on the track or touring.

Just ask 9fan!

The SC on the other hand is a raw, in-ya-face, point & shoot drive. It will bite and surprise you.

Love 'em both, just like having a wife & girlfriend.

RED

I must defend the water cooled wonders.

The later 944s - 944 Turbo, S2s & 968s are just sublime drives. Poised, balanced and great on the track or touring.

Just ask 9fan!

The SC on the other hand is a raw, in-ya-face, point & shoot drive. It will bite and surprise you.

Love 'em both, just like having a wife & girlfriend.

RED

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the 944; however if I am going to tip in some significant $$$, its the iconic 911 I really want (would have both, but we'll ease the other half into that idea).....funnily enough its the raw drive I'm looking for. I currently have a VW R32, which is a little pweor house and with the 3.2 really gets up and flies; however with all the wizardry probably not that hard to drive reasonably quick.

regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

I said to my good wife (knowing her well) it is either a Sports Car or a younger Woman! She said don't make it a younger woman, but it has to have 4 seats so you can pick up the kids from school and can't cost more than a Hyundai Excell !!!

So home I came with a 944. She road in it once and said never again. When I asked why, she said because I didn't brake for corners!

Anyway I have gone to a 944S2 (with all Options) over a Turbo for the low down Torque and reliability,plus it Drives better than the T.

It will beat a WRX and give your R32 a run for the money.Price wise better Bang for the Buck against a 911.

Anyway (Andrew) thankyou for my say, follow your Heart but drive both before you decide.Let us know how you are going Pete.

Cheers, 9Fan.

Archived