Running on e85

Pauly

Today i drained my fuel tank and filled her up with e85 from united. $1.30 per L  ;)  ;)

At the moment, i want to see how many k's i can get out of a tank. I use to get around 13L per 100 k's but i don't how how much it's changed since of the new head and cam as i checked it pre rebuild. Will go back to 98 and check once this tank is finished.

Done some driving and so far so good!! Smooth.. and a little more power  :lol:

100-160 km/h went down from 4.6 seconds to 4.1 seconds. 

My data logs are showing i'm slowly leaning out which means i need a new fuel pump. If i like e85, i'll be going for an bosch 044 unit. 

I'll keep this updated :)

Note***

My car is tuned for 98 & e85

Is e85 ready with new fuel lines and injectors (not including pump is which i said i may need to get a new one)

A stock 944 turbo can run e85 if you get the right chip set and injectors. More on this tomorrow. 

Today i drained my fuel tank and filled her up with e85 from united. $1.30 per L  ;)  ;)

At the moment, i want to see how many k's i can get out of a tank. I use to get around 13L per 100 k's but i don't how how much it's changed since of the new head and cam as i checked it pre rebuild. Will go back to 98 and check once this tank is finished.

Done some driving and so far so good!! Smooth.. and a little more power  :lol:

100-160 km/h went down from 4.6 seconds to 4.1 seconds. (this was a simulation test done on a simulator, not encouraging speeding on highways :mellow: )

My data logs are showing i'm slowly leaning out which means i need a new fuel pump. If i like e85, i'll be going for an bosch 044 unit. 

I'll keep this updated :)

Note***

My car is tuned for 98 & e85

Is e85 ready with new fuel lines and injectors (not including pump is which i said i may need to get a new one)

A stock 944 turbo can run e85 if you get the right chip set and injectors. More on this tomorrow. 

You should use 20% more fuel but the cooling and the extra boost you can run should be worth it. If I had access to pump e85 I would of done it to my 911 with an extra 044. 

If you're running one pump I'd keep a close eye on your fuel pressure. 

You would already know all this but it's worth saying for others.

I've been having bad thoughts of building a TT Boxster for lol's.

You should use 20% more fuel but the cooling and the extra boost you can run should be worth it. If I had access to pump e85 I would of done it to my 911 with an extra 044. 

IICR it's roughly 30% more but it's 30c cheaper then 98. But we'll see :)

One pump is enough. Its just the stock pump which isn't enough for the boost pressure i'm running. If i stick to 10psi, i should be fine... well i am says my logs. 

an 044 pump is the way to go for my setup. with my injectors i should see ~425 rwhp before i run out of duty cycle. 

I have noticed my engine is running fair cooler then before. 

Yeah you're right it could well be 30%. You can run so much more advance with e85 its crazy. 

The Boxster idea is still formulating in my head. I need to look at more engine bay/under car pics. I can see the funny side of a 400rwhp "hairdressers" car...

I'm loving the e85.

engine is running around 6-10 degrees cooler! 

Uncle, let's not talk about what we can turbo ect. Because i know i can do it. And when someone talk about my, my wallet starts hiding from me LOL!

But i rather get a Cayman 3.4L and put 2x GTX2860R turbos on it. 

Or someone drop off their Porsche (what ever it is) with an open check book. Hands down, you'll be receiving a weapon that looks like it came out of Porsche!!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

So, there is a e85 outlet around the corner from me...am I set up to run that now?

So, there is a e85 outlet around the corner from me...am I set up to run that now?

If it isn't.. A day under the hood can change that! Just not sure what fuel tank you have. If it's the same plastic as a 944 fuel tank, perfect!! If it's not. I'm not sure! 

I'd want to run a 2nd pump in your car before going E85. I mounted the surge tank and 1st 044 pump in such a way that it's ready for a second pump and "Y" fitting. If you're really thinking about it I would advise pulling the tank and making sure it's super clean. I don't think the Sprint500 with run a flex fuel sensor so once you go black you can't really go back lol.

I finally got some data back. 

I got 18.3L/100 LOL!! You can say not very economical.

But wait! E85 need 33% more fuel to run at stoichiometry. So that would equal 13.8L/100k

**** Note the past 2 weeks i was driving with a heavy foot. Mostly logging data of my AFRs on boost so i would have went though some fuel doing that, and i was doing it a lot! a lot of data recorded. 

Now e85 was $1.29 both times i filled up.

98 is roughly between $1.57 - $1.72

Are you saving fuel? Sometimes.

Is it economical? no

Is it economical per $? if you're on 98. Then it can be as price always changes.  

BTW a 044 pump on e85 is good for 450 rwhp. 

Archived