Guys, can anyone give me a guide as to what they think this would be worth REALISTICALLY in Australia.

I have the opportunity to export it from here. BTW, ignore the price its advertised for as it includes significant local taxes that are rebated when it leaves Singapore.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=390393&DL=2650

There was a original green one in the USA a 66 - it was a one owner with history - the car was tracking at over $50k us before the auction was pulled. Value - no less than $45 - but being a LWB and a 69 you'd want more information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What would the value of a matching numbers LHD 912 '69 be?

Condition:

Barn find needing all sub floor rust panels replaced.

Interior complete but ratty = Full re-trim required

Paint = Full strip & respray required unless you like the 'patina' look of the original paint (tangerine orange)

Engine & 'box complete (Italian webbers) = Assume full rebuild required

All panels & what not included i.e. a complete car

All glass included

Has all lights & indicators but in rough condition

Has original steelies with hub caps.

Needs fuel tank (rusted)

Assume needs full rubber kit(s)

Would it be more economical to....

Part it out

Fix rust, rip interior out ready for someone else to rat rod OR hot rod OR race prepare

Full scale resto at minimal cost ie. not Concourse

Is there a market for the LHD '69s in Australia?

Cheers for any input.

N.B. I had a quote to get it here (Brisbane). $4,000 all inclusive. + car of course

I look forward to the replies with this one!

Depends on how much the total investment is to start with and can you do some of the work yourself?

Parts required for pan etc, youre talking quite a few dollars depending what is needed (JustJames could advise more accurately) A motor rebuild, mmmmmm, potentially costly!

Couple of grand for a basic interior. Paint 5 to 10k depending on how good you want it. Not considering who charges the P tax ontop either!.

Parting it out, I would say it would take a while to sell all the bits, as there are so many repro bits available now, it's better,and sometimes easier to buy new than 2nd hand.

Opportunist sellers are dreaming with some of their prices, and they have to sit on the 'rare' parts for a long time.

Total 'nice' resto, $20-25k maybe? Sale value? Who knows with these things!

To give you a bit of an idea, my running driving original black 66 is getting body prepped for paint now, and having the pans replaced.

When it's done (hopefully this year) I have 3 guys, 1 a collector, ready to buy it in a second. Whether that is because it's an earlier 66 is an unknown. So ultimately, there is a market for LHD cars if theyre well priced. Hang out for crazy money like some do, and you might be very disappointed.

I won't be selling mine, though the figures that are being thrown around already are 'well up there'!

My resto costs are FAR FAR below what someone who doesnt have friends in the industry would pay, and I would even go so far as to say I'm paying less than half of what it would normally cost.

From what I've seen, read and heard in my short time of Porsche ownership, especially with 912's, theyre increasing in price all the time, and seem to be the 'must have' in some collections according to some.

From what you have described its condition to be, I personally think it could be a money pit, as if you are told one thing by the seller, you can probably add a few more 'things' that you have to fix.

If you prep it as a rat project for someone, it IS LHD, so rego would be a hassle there I reckon.

Even at $4000 shipping plus taxes etc, and lets say the same for the purchase, youre already into it for $8000 to 9000. Add $20k for a resto, then youll make a few grand profit if thats your intention at the start.

Is it worth it? Thats up to you mate

Archived