Quiet Riot!

Has anyone used Quiet Riots in their mufflers?

I have purchased a Dansk 2in 2out to fit the SSi's I purchased but am having second thoughts RE the noise level.

I have heard quiet Riot inserts are pretty good but am considering selling the DANSK and getting a 2in 1out MONTY.

Apparently the Monty is a better performer on the dyno also.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Will

If they're both open mufflers as in you can see right through. You'll see 0 difference on a dyno. and if there is a difference, nothing you'll notice on your butt while driving. But the 2 in 1 out would be quieter by a a bit

Never heard of that product though, with a quick search and looking at their web page, false performance gains!! You're pretty much restricting your exhaust. 

To add, 

Stainless steel packed mufflers vs Fiberglass packed mufflers, both give different sounds. apparently the glass packed drone less. no first hand experience with glass packed mufflers as i've got 2 stainless steel mufflers and with both they still drone.  

Apparently they fit inside the tip and help reduce drone at low revs but 'open up' when the exhaust gas flow increases to allow better flow and to not restrict performance.

I am only interested in them for their noise/droning reduction properties.

but am considering selling the DANSK and getting a 2in 1out MONTY.

Apparently the Monty is a better performer on the dyno also.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

The Monty is pretty throaty at idle but quietens out when revved , not a great degree louder than stock , slightly different tone (snarlier) , no drone.

I'm perfectly content with the results of my research. 

Which prick nabbed the 1 in 1 out M&k muffler off eBay for $172 my boss friggin calls me in for a quick meeting with 5 minutes to go and I didn't have a chance to change my bid dammit!!

• 1 month later...

I just swapped (with a member on the forum)my Monty (2 in single out) for a 2 in 2 out Dansk and I am really happy with the result. For me the sound is fantastic,will probably be dyno ing the car again in a few weeks and I would expect to see a few more torques and KWs.

Archived