Muffler and Header combo on 911sc

Kris

Hi guys,

I just wanted to get some opinions on what to do with my exhaust. Turned off by the price of SSI's and the oil lines etc, I was thinking of going down the header path.

From doing a bit of reading I was looking at the European Race Headers and a Monty 2 in 1 out muffler. I was ok to do away with the heater as I'm in Qld.

Today I had a chat with a parts supplier, who noted that because the heat is not available to the front demister I would have rego problems. I also had a chat about the muffler and the opinion was that the Monty is too loud for road use.

In Qld we don't have to do periodical roadworthy checks but I dont want to have compliance issues either.

I was wanting to see if anyone out there is running a similar setup on a road car and what the consensus is on the demister and the noise of a Monty.

Cheers

Kris

I'm in Qld.

...the noise of a Monty.

I feel the pain of those of you living in police states.

A Monty is WAY quieter than a Harley! And you don't need a decibel meter or sound engineering/audiology degree to figure that out in dozy ol Tassy!

haha good analogy.

He was saying it's because the Monty does not have much of a baffle and that dansk is better for noise. All I have heard is rave reviews on the Monty.

Hi Kris

there is a stainless header/muffler combo on ebay at the moment that you should consider-look up porsche 911rsr (I have no links with the seller!). Dont know if you would have to mod the oil lines to fit.

I have a monty (2 in one out)  with SSIs on my 911sc-its great for noise but pretty loud on the street-all fine as long as you dont want to hear the radio or wife. Drones a bit on the freeway though-I wear ear plugs if I travel long distances.

All depends on the intended use of the car..

Lukas

All I have heard is rave reviews on the Monty.

Stand by for another...I've had 2 and in my opinion they're perfect!

A 1/1 on a 2.7 with a pre-muff, then a 2/2 on a 3.0 with SSIs

Will be getting a 3rd for the project car :D

Archived