Hello All,

I have finally bought a Porsche, wanted one forever and finally bought my first one.

I bought a used white Cayman S, 2010 (MY11) excellent condition, 19" Carrera SII rims, Pirelli P Zero tryes, PDK, Sports Chrono pack and only 23,000km on the clock.

I have had my Cayman now for 6 months and use it for my daily commute from the central coast to Newcastle and back each day, 95 km round trip each day.

The Cayman S is a brilliant drive and I couldn't be happier with it.

I have added 12,000km (now 35,000 km) to the clock and having the first service for me this Thursday at Auto Werks.

I have a couple of questions though if I may???

Who do you use for insurance, I went with NEIB, New England Insurance Brokers, Jeremy Smith and found them to be better than the couple others I tried by a long way.

I am busting to do a track day just to learn about myself and the car, I have had my name down to do a track day at The Farm at Peat's Ridge on a private track, but have not had any word back on available dates. Eastern Creek full circuit would be fun if they are held??

My 19" Pirelli P Zero tryes are coming up for replacement, any ideas on what to get and from where.

Cheers

Stuart.

post-1610-0-45979400-1400393414_thumb.jp

Congrats on the car, sounds great.

For our tyres I get them from Tire Rack in the US, you can get any brand they sell except they can't ship Bridgestone, Yokohama or Toyo overseas due to restrictions put on them by the manufacturers. 

I can buy a full set of fronts and rears for about the same price two rear tyres cost here for our 997 Carrera S and shipping is $300.00 for four tyres to your door and takes four days.

Yes they do Pirelli. P Zero's

Cheers Al

Congrats on the car, sounds great.

For our tyres I get them from Tire Rack in the US, you can get any brand they sell except they can't ship Bridgestone, Yokohama or Toyo overseas due to restrictions put on them by the manufacturers. 

I can buy a full set of fronts and rears for about the same price two rear tyres cost here for our 997 Carrera S and shipping is $300.00 for four tyres to your door and takes four days.

Yes they do Pirelli. P Zero's

Cheers Al

Who do you get to fit them (or do you have he equipment yourself?)

Welcome Stuart,

I'm also new to this forum and everyone has made me feel really welcome....

There is a wealth of knowledge here so hope you enjoy it as much as I have been.

BTW.... was up your way on the weekend in the P visiting relatives....... nice part of the Coast ( I'm from the bottom half ).......

Hey Stuart I'm just up the road at Valentine, if your ever around or looking for a drive look me up, same for you Dreamr there are a few of us in Newcastle always keen for a drive or a chat.

Thanks everyone,

Al, my front tyres are shot, so wire email Tirerack tomorrow for a new set, will price the Michelin, Continental and Goodyear Eagle's.

Dreamr and Tingy944 I will email when I have a free weekend and we can have a drive and a chat.

Cheers

Stuart.

You're better off buying a full set as I'm pretty sure it;s a flat $300 shipping whether you get two or 4.

I'll be getting Marti a set of Pirelli's for her 997 soon.

You can go on the site and live chat to a sales guy, then he will give you his email, email him what you want and he will send you through the invoice with wire transfer details.

Cheers Al

Thanks Steve,

Al, you are correct, I had Mason from Tire Rack quote me this morning on one full set and two full sets of Michelin Pilot Sports, Continental and the Good Year Eagle Asymmetric II, Two sets is double the shipping price of one set about $600 US versus $300 US for one set.

The Continental's were just over $1100 US delivered, the Michelin Pilot sports were just under $1500 US delivered and the Good Years were nearly $1600 US delivered, assume add about 9% for exchnage rate, 10% for GST and a $50.00 quarantine handling fee.

I am going for a set of Michelin Pilot Sports..............

Cheers

Stuart

Guest Harold

When I had the AMG there was a big discussion on the forum re the tyres from tyre rack. It concluded the compound was different to the Australian delivered tyres. The actual code on the tyres was slightly different due to the difference in the materials we use for our roads. I decided to buy local and that was expensive as the C63 can wear out a set of tyres with light driving in 8000 kms. I concluded there could be an issue with insurance claims. Now, I have no idea whether the situation is the same for P cars.

Archived