Heater servos

Hughesy

Gents I need more help please. I've taken out the servos and pulled them apart. Applying 12 volts directly to the motor terminals in them they individually work. But not when the circuitboard is in place. So I gather I have a problem with these circuit boards. Does anyone know if they are repairable or replaceable. If not I gather I am up the creek..

Any and all suggestions will be most welcome

Hughesy

Thanks theo. I've read everything there is out there. I've a few choices. Buy new from pelican 500 each plus post or porsche here about 650 or send to germany to a guy running partisan- aut. 209 euro plus postage each way.

Surely someone here in aus can repair or rebuild a simple circuit board

I figure eventually all of us who own 964s and 993s will need them repaired. There's 5 of them to keep the HVAC working. That's going to be a lot of $$$$$$.

There's got to be a genius out there who can make a buck and fix this issue.

Hughesy

I'm sure a reasonable electronics tech could actually make you another circuit board or troubleshoot your current one and replace whatever component has gone wrong. I did study electronics technology/engineering externally in high school but I've forgotten most of it by now (I did make a test transformer once though)

I assume it looks as agricultural as the earlier auto heat controls on an SC? like a small child has done the soldering and circuit board design?

Might be worth finding someone local that can troubleshoot it, ask at a Jaycar store would be my suggestion

If you get desperate I know a guy in Brisbane that would be able to do it he does all sorts of similar things with 90's Japanese electronics

• 10 months later...

Archived