NEW WHEELS for the Beloved Bluebird

You are correct Bayf, I had the car there at VICROADS, Gentleman behind the jump could not cancel my original rego until he had the plates.

So swap of plates in the car park. The old ones are gone for good. If I happen to re register it with full rego again, RWC and new plates will be issued.

Interesting side issue, when I got home I rang the insurance company where it is covered for third party, fire and theft, seeing if the premium will be reduced now it is only able to do 90 days on the road. The premium dropped from $257 down to $237. I then thought I would try SHANNONS. I was quoted $240.00 which is a FULL COMPREHENSIVE policy valuing the BB at $2500.00 should the unthinkable happen.

That price assisted by the Box being with them, but mainly because they have a special category for "H" plates.

Normal conditions apply as per SHANNONS policies.

So no brainier, was worth the phone call.

Yeah if you had told them the car was at home then they would have let you dispose (keep) the original plates but it doesn't really matter because you can get them back o the car.  Again stupid idea and a revenue raising option that they have again missed.

When i'm in charge at Vic Roads it will be different  :ph34r:

Yeah if you had told them the car was at home then they would have let you dispose (keep) the original plates but it doesn't really matter because you can get them back o the car.  Again stupid idea and a revenue raising option that they have again missed.

When i'm in charge at Vic Roads it will be different  :ph34r:

He actually told me he couldn't cancel my registration until I handed the plates in.   I asked him originally if he could cancel the registration at midnight last night, so I could drive the car home on the original plates and put the new ones on today.   He said he could not cancel the rego till he had the plates returned.   So there you go.

When I am the P.M. things are definitely going to change......

When I am the P.M. things are definitely going to change......

The first time i wrote that I had P.M. but then i thought, start small world domination will come  :ph34r:

Happy to put my hand up for the AMEP, but I think I am a bit biased.   If it aint Japanese or German it would be banned from our roads.

FOT8EA8.jpg

DSCN5387.jpg

DSCN5392.jpg

DSCN5393.jpg

Archived