Gt3 V F430

StevepGT3

Changed the battery on both for a mate yesterday,and the process could not have been more different and really reflects up front and servicing costs,and general perception of both marques.

Gt3 open bonnet, undo two chintzy plastic clips and  remove thin plastic panel

one bolt to remove simple but strong and effective battery clamp from really well designed battery box. straight lift remove and refit

being careful 10 mins tops.

F430 open passenger door, squeeze big fat lump of self into passenger footwell, undo really nice screws and fold down hinged metal battery cover. Swear at the lazy designer who thought it a good idea to use exactly the same crappy clamping system that was on my 1973 alfa,which is a piece of angle iron with two holes and floppy threaded rods that stick through too far to use even a long socket on. not tragic under the bonnet of a 73 alfa,  but upside down in a ferrari  footwell the centre nut being undone and done up one flat at a time with an open ended spanner. R&R of battery itself  being careful not to damage anything used mucles that formerly did not exist.( try laying on a concrete step with it digging into your ribs, fully extend your arms and lift and pull towards you a large dog that is going to bite you if it touches anything)

45 mins to an hour.

this is only my perception and observation, and I am sure that a body builder midget, on speed with a ferrari factory tool box who has done it a few times could have done it easier and quicker. 

Steve, you need to remember that the Germans are logical and the Italians emotional.

The Italians build things of absolute beauty that make no sense at all. Don't look for any sense in the design. 

Steve, you need to remember that the Germans are logical and the Italians emotional.

The Italians build things of absolute beauty that make no sense at all. Don't look for any sense in the design.

I know well enough, having had lots of and still having two ducatis . absolute pain to keep and sometimes get going, but like the dukes all is forgiven once fired up and running

I know well enough, having had lots of and still having two ducatis . absolute pain to keep and sometimes get going, but like the dukes all is forgiven once fired up and running

Yep. Just ask my Italian wife. 

Archived