Summerland Way Beaudesert - Kyogle

911dream'n

Hi all 

Had a great run on Saturday and took the new 911 to Kyogle via Lions Road and then back on Summerland Way.  I don't recommend Lions road - it's too narrow with lots of loose stones.  Summerland Way heading back was a good run with lots of tight corners downhill from the junction of Mt Lindsay Highway into Rathdowney.

Steve 

sumnerland way is actually as fast if not more so than the pacific motorway thanks to the traffic and roadworks on the latter.. and a much nicer drive to boot!

agreed about lions road, much prefer driving kyogle-murwillimbah (nice road), then up tomewin mountain road through to reedy creek road.

Tomewin to Currumbin ck rd is a great twisty I drive regularly. Good surface and width. Best very early (dark) or after 11am when the local traffic and lycra brigade done. Police patrol odd weekends. Week days a great time. Especially this time of year.

I made the mistake of driving up from Coffs Harbour to Brisbane on Sunday arvo along the Pacific Roadworks Worksite. Bloody ridiculous to have all those roadworks in school holidays. Especially the 20 odd km of one lane blocked motorway north out of Coffs, no apparent reason apart from not yet taking the barriers away it would seem. Crazy.

even though the New England is a couple of 100 km's more, road works and school holidays is why I go that way every time (and cut across from Guyra etc)

I made the mistake of driving up from Coffs Harbour to Brisbane on Sunday arvo along the Pacific Roadworks Worksite. Bloody ridiculous to have all those roadworks in school holidays. Especially the 20 odd km of one lane blocked motorway north out of Coffs, no apparent reason apart from not yet taking the barriers away it would seem. Crazy.

steve next time-

https://goo.gl/maps/DRffd

time is essentially the same, but more importantly little traffic and nicer roads :)

I went through there a couple of weeks ago. Unbelievable, not only no apparent reason but lower speed limit. Then I had the misfortune to follow a local through there at 20 under the limit. I couldn't believe they drive through it daily and still can't do the speed limit.

• 5 months later...

Anyone keen for a drive out that way, let me know? I've only really done some roads around Boonah, Cunungra etc. and would love to see/drive more of these roads. Cheers.

I am keen. I live on the south side. Lat time we went on a porsche drive down that way it was spectacular.

• 1 month later...

Archived