PORSCHE APP

CarreraG50

Untitled-1.jpg?itok=_HGUHmZZ
Autoweek, Porsche release 'The Essential Sports Car' app
Monday, July 14, 2014

It wasn’t that long ago when finding old magazine road tests of your favorite Porsches online was a chore, requiring just the right combination of search terms for Google to display what you were looking for. These articles were few and far between — and oftentimes illegally scanned and posted online — until the magazines caught on and started publishing archived road tests to their own websites. Now Autoweek and Porsche have taken it a step further with their new app, which takes numerous Porsche road-test articles dating as far back as 1995 and places them all in the palm of your hand.

Titled “The Essential Sports Car: 50 Years of Porsche,” the app’s content covers Autoweek road tests of the 911 (starting with the 993 generation), Boxster, Cayman, and 918 Spyder, some of Porsche’s motorsports endeavors, and a history of the evolution of the 911 (and, of course, a handful of Porsche commercials). While these reads certainly entertain and pique the interest of sportscar enthusiasts, they’re also valuable tools for those in the market for a new or used Porsche. 

Navigating through the articles is easy. Vertical swipes on your smartphone's or tablet’s touchscreen allow you to flip pages, and horizontal swipes will bring up the next or previous article.

To download the app for free, head over to iTunes, Google play, or Amazon.com.

- See more at: http://pca.org/news/2014-07-14/autoweek-porsche-release-essential-sports-car-app#sthash.fTUCUK5v.dpuf

Untitled-1.jpg?itok=_HGUHmZZ

Being on the grumpier side of 40 , I'm still a papery magazine tragic!

Easier to browse +/- on the "reading throne", and I like the tactility & soft rustle of pages.

Dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century? No way, bobbing for apps is not for me.

Being on the grumpier side of 40 , I'm still a papery magazine tragic!

Easier to browse +/- on the "reading throne", and I like the tactility & soft rustle of pages.

Dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century? No way, bobbing for apps is not for me.

have you tried it? i had the same opinion but after getting an iPad mini i don't bother with printed magazines anymore

have you tried it? i had the same opinion but after getting an iPad mini i don't bother with printed magazines anymore

Yes. Never comment without test driving first. Like most new cars , ipads does nothing for me emotionally , unlike a book or mag.

My pile of well read mags get re-read and will still be enjoyable retirement fodder. How many old computer folders do you ever go back to?

Real books and mags are the schizzle. The rack and pinion to your electronic steering. You know I'm right  ;) I haven't even got a phone that can access internet or receive pics, not that I'm pov or nuthin'.

Imagine this lot as an app?

IMG_0600.jpg

Archived