What makes a 911?

Pauly

I love my 996. best car ive ever owned. A lot say that its not a real 911 or its the shit model. funny... the people who say that dont even own a porsche!!

They are all great cars, not a crap one at all in that lot above, pick your style , colour mannual or auto and go have some fun.

each to their own. I was going to buy a 930, but after many inspections and dissapointments, Value for money, a 996 is an outstanding car.

Each to their own , everyones choice should be welcomed, im just about to start looking for a 944 or 928 or somthing. Now they seem to be great value for your dollar!, still a porsche, and because it has that name, everyone likes them.

• 3 weeks later...

What makes a 911?

Walking up to the car wondering IF anything will go wrong as you open the door on a 44yr old 911

Praying the fuel injection system will stop be ing a b*%#!d and settle into a normal idle as you pull out of the garage.......

Insane feeling as you turn corners into straights at road legal speeds.........

Meeting other 911 owners by accident on the 9th bacon & egg roll & Long macchiato coffee (to go please) that turns into a 30 min "drool fest"

Watching fellow 911 owners taking part in gymkhana events put on by the local p.o.c...... And then convincing oneself that it is a good idea..... !!!!!

Finding out the 964 bodied 3.2 Cabriolet has 2(! Yes 2!) frikkin great turbo's.........

Come back from the club run muttering ......"I am coming back as a 4.0 next time round"...........

Only car I have ever owned that can make your wallet feel pleasure or pain.........

And japanese robots

They use actually Swiss ABB and German KUKA robots.

For me, the basic design and functionality.  Nothing in it that isn't needed.  I love it's uniqueness and the sound of that engine, and it's ability to constantly challenge your driving skills.

Archived